my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » How many of you fly with Wind, Turbulance and rain set?

Author Topic: How many of you fly with Wind, Turbulance and rain set?
Robert Dean
Member # 7330

posted 10-21-2000 04:36 PM     Profile for Robert Dean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just curious to know. Any contributions, anyone?
ramstein
Member # 5667

posted 10-21-2000 06:06 PM     Profile for ramstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In CFS2, I took my Wildcat up through a heavby thunderstorm, and after being blown all over the Pacific, I finally emerged on top of the clouds at about 15,000 feet. I went..woosh, yeay baby ! And then just a few moments later, a high gust of wind sent me craching back to the ground, in only a few seconds, that ealier took me many minutes. The scenery is really nice, but the weather will kick your little fighter all over the place without mercy in bad weather.

[This message has been edited by ramstein (edited 10-21-2000).]

Posts: 71 | From: San Diego | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
SR
Member # 7183

posted 10-21-2000 07:21 PM     Profile for SR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool

[This message has been edited by SR (edited 10-22-2000).]

Posts: 142 | From: Michigan , USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Robert Dean
Member # 7330

posted 10-22-2000 12:57 AM     Profile for Robert Dean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds more like a story rather than actual experience dude! Anyway, the reason I asked is because I set the weather to have Turbulence and Wind. Then my O-38 had had a hard time to take off. It keeps on shifting to the left I have to use the rudder to compensate. At long last I managed to take off but shortly before the landing gears were raised, there was a STALL message.
Burner
Member # 185

posted 10-22-2000 01:14 AM     Profile for Burner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Usually I would say have everything on, whatever it takes to make it as real as possible for a dude that's in a room looking at a monitor yanking on a saitek/thrustmaster.

But if it becomes noticeable that its more of a hindrance then a point for realism, its going to be shut off.

------------------

BURNER

Combat Flight Simulation
www.AerialCombat.com

dauntless851
Member # 5136

posted 10-22-2000 04:47 AM     Profile for dauntless851   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tried precipitation once. The rain (I think that's what it was) was coming at me horizontally. Felt like I was in X-Wing Alliance with space debris coming at me. Turned off precipitation after that.

Posts: 33 | From: Providence,RI,USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 10-22-2000 01:49 PM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"The rain (I think that's what it was) was coming at me horizontally."

No offense dauntless851 but I guess you missed science class that day. If you're standing outside on a calm day and it's raining, the rain will fall, more or less, straight down. If the wind is blowing 300mph (or you're flying a plane 300mph) believe me, the rain WILL be horizontal! Just watch the Weather Channel during a hurricane coverage. I guarantee you will see horizontal rain.

It's funny. A developer puts something new, interesting and realistic into their game and it gets shot down by pure ignorance.

Again, I'm sorry dauntless851. I didn't mean to pick on you, but maybe you will learn something in the process.

Aviar

Posts: 196 | From: Bergen County, NJ USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Robert Dean
Member # 7330

posted 10-22-2000 02:21 PM     Profile for Robert Dean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Taking off under such weather conditions is tough anyway.
dauntless851
Member # 5136

posted 10-22-2000 02:48 PM     Profile for dauntless851   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ignorance is bliss, so they say Aviar.

Should I spell out the big words for you now.
I knew it was rain, and I knew it was horizontal because I was flying in it. I've even seen Vertical Horizon.

It just didn't look like rain at all. It looked like (here's the big word-) h y p e r s p a c e. Get it.

Posts: 33 | From: Providence,RI,USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 10-22-2000 04:13 PM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"..........Vertical Horizon." ???? LMAO!!

You have got to love these message boards. Better than the Comedy Channel. I'm out. Going to check out some Horizontal Horizon.

Aviar

Posts: 196 | From: Bergen County, NJ USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.