my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Flying Other Aircraft in CFS2

Author Topic: Flying Other Aircraft in CFS2
RonnHt
Member # 4368

posted 10-21-2000 08:58 AM     Profile for RonnHt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not sure if everyone here is aware of this or not but it is possible to fly all the aircraft in the game. To download the very small file changes necessary go to http://thehangar.dogfighter.com/index.html

Bruce Thorson figured out that you only need to change the small .air file to convert the AI planes. This means that you can download an .air file instead of downloading the entire copy of the plane to your aircraft folder and still keep it's default flight characteristics.

This works really well, the only thing is that there are no custom panels. So to have panels in the plane you need to copy the contents from other planes panel folders and paste them into the AI plane panel folders.

When you load the aircraft the new
panel will come with it. I'm using the F4F panel with the Dauntless and Devastator and the F6F panel with the Avenger using Tom Spillman's suggestion. It really works great! Even allows you to use any of these aircraft in the Campaign... what a blast and an eye opening experience to try and make a torpedo run in a TBD!

Also give you a chance to check out the detail these other aircraft have. For instance when you take off and raise the gear the gunners pop out of the rear canopy!

Enjoy

Ron

[This message has been edited by RonnHt (edited 10-21-2000).]

Posts: 325 | From: Illinois, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Robert Dean
Member # 7330

posted 10-21-2000 09:03 AM     Profile for Robert Dean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ron:

I am new to CFS and CFS2. Are you saying that like we have those in F4, that one can fly any plane in CFS2 including the AI's. But we won't have the AI Planes' panels, did I get you right?

How about the FM. If I fly an AI plane, would it inherit its own FM?

Warspite
Member # 1455

posted 10-21-2000 04:15 PM     Profile for Warspite   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I had downloaded the revised aircraft files from the hanger a while back. The flight model is completely correct but you have to add the panels if you want them. I find it fun just using the full screen mode anyway, I do this alot already with the boxed flyables. So if you do that you won't even need a panel. Anyway I remember reading something on here a few days ago about a better way to convert some planes to flyable. It was from the Hanger, so I need to delete the ones I have now and get the others.

------------------
-Warspite-

CFS2 Mission Storage Page
http://hometown.aol.com/warspite2/cfs2wmsp.html

Robert Dean
Member # 7330

posted 10-21-2000 05:19 PM     Profile for Robert Dean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gosh! This Forum is flooding. I mean finding a particular post 2 days back is really too much for me to be quite honest.

But yeah I will try. Thanks! Really appreciate.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.