my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Mission Editor Stuff

Author Topic: Mission Editor Stuff
Kadin
Member # 7372

posted 10-21-2000 08:47 AM     Profile for Kadin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have managed to play with trigers and events but the actions are kind of limited. How can I write-create more actions, let's say rearm-refuel ever repair?
An interesting senario: Land in airfield, go to specific area (enter an event)and if you fullfill certain parameters(trigers) you get reloaded and refueled.
I have magaged to do most-land,enter an area,and if you are low on ammo and fuel, then an action happens (e.g. engine fire). All I need now is to be able to create more actions for the available list...
Any help would be appreciated

Kadin
Member # 7372

posted 10-21-2000 06:55 PM     Profile for Kadin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anybody understand what I am talking about or have'nt reach that far yet
sfbaytf
Member # 7301

posted 10-22-2000 10:21 AM     Profile for sfbaytf   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll take a crack at your question. The only way I can see how to do this would be to go to the button that is labeled "source" It operates in a pecular way in that I've found that I sometimes have to re-load a mission or the editor for the source code to come up. From there notepad opens and code for events comes up. You may be able to tweak the code from here and add actions for objects. I also know that there are utilities you can get for FS2000 that add life to airports. How compatible they are with cfs2 I don't know. Since CFS2 has been out for a very short time there are not many freebie utilites out yet, but judging from the mostly positive response and the open ended nature of CFS2-notice how there are sections for German/British add-ons, I'm sure well see some good utilities soon.
Kadin
Member # 7372

posted 10-22-2000 10:29 AM     Profile for Kadin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey,hey
I almost gave up. I have been to the "source" section and even tried to tweak it by coping from the triggers' section and adapting it to the actions' format. No luck so far.
Good suggestion about Fs2000 utilities. I will look into that.
There is a very gratifiying feeling flying over water for so long, u see land and land nearly on fumes and greeted with juice and you fly again...

Pasha
Member # 3391

posted 10-22-2000 10:43 AM     Profile for Pasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You also have to open mission files with notepad sometimes..

(hint)

Pasha

Kadin
Member # 7372

posted 10-22-2000 10:49 AM     Profile for Kadin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, so I have,my dear Pasha, so I have.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.