my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » CFS 2 System Requirements

Author Topic: CFS 2 System Requirements
Lancelot
Member # 5037

posted 10-19-2000 09:32 AM     Profile for Lancelot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi all,
Im interested on buying the CFS2 but i only have, for now, a Penthium II 350 Mhz with a Diamond Viper 550 and 128 Mb of RAM. So, since its so much more reliable to listen to users of this simulator than reading the specs of the box, im here to ask you if my system its, more or less, enough to run this simulation decently, im not asking with all graphics options set to max, but something decent and playable.
Is this simulation very hardware demanding, like Janes F-18, or it is more forgiven?
Im also planning on upgrade to an AMD 800 Mhz, will this be enough for set the graphics to full, or doesnt even come close to that.
Any info, comments and opinions on this issue will be very well welcome, its been a long time im waiting for a WWII Pacific theater, even since my glorys days flying Aces of the Pacific of Dynamix.

Good hunting to all.

Posts: 98 | From: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Chivas
Member # 3370

posted 10-19-2000 09:35 AM     Profile for Chivas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It runs very well on my P11 450, 128ram, and gforce video card, it should run on yours. good luck
Posts: 46 | From: Ladysmith, B.C. Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
vern1
Member # 7380

posted 10-19-2000 09:59 AM     Profile for vern1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you're a veteran of flight sims you'll be pleased with CFS2 performance. I'm running it on a 333mhz with a voodoo3 and 64mb of ram and the graphics prefs are so configurable I can still get decent fps on this old rig-having a blast can't wait till I finish building my new 800mhz Athlon system!! Good Hunting...
Posts: 3 | From: maine | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
MikeToth
Member # 762

posted 10-19-2000 10:20 AM     Profile for MikeToth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a PII-300 w/ 192 MB RAM and
a TNT2 Ultra 32 mb vid card.... it runs pretty darn good for a "slower" (it was fast 2 years ago).... I get around 20-25 FPS in a furball without the cockpit displayed and around 40-50 free flight without getting my
butt shot off.....

Mike
Cleveland Ohio

Posts: 219 | From: Cleveland, Ohio USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
MikeToth
Member # 762

posted 10-19-2000 10:21 AM     Profile for MikeToth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh that's also with the graphics settings
about 3/4 of the way to full out.........

Posts: 219 | From: Cleveland, Ohio USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lancelot
Member # 5037

posted 10-19-2000 01:12 PM     Profile for Lancelot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks a lot to all for your posts, you made me decide to go and buy it, now i know i dont have to wait until i upgrade my system to play this simulation decently.

Good hunting.

Posts: 98 | From: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.