my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » FSclouds DO allow you to hide from enemy aircraft

Author Topic: FSclouds DO allow you to hide from enemy aircraft
redbaronace
Member # 7322

posted 10-19-2000 02:11 AM     Profile for redbaronace   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just want to clear something up. You CAN hide from enemy aircraft using FSclouds. Yes, they are transluscent-on the edges. It depends on the size of the cloud, but it will go solid white when you fly through the middle if it is a large enough cloud (just like in real life). Also, you cannot see through a lot of the clouds when you are flying on the outside of them. Get it, it's worth the $24.95 download. Huge improvement.

[This message has been edited by redbaronace (edited 10-19-2000).]

Kadin
Member # 7372

posted 10-19-2000 02:48 AM     Profile for Kadin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very nice. Followed your instructions and worked just fine, and the fact that there are 3 different settings helps.
What is the definition for 3d clouds and regular clouds?
Incidentally there is an update 1.11b posted too for the downloadable fc2000.exe

Lawry Playle
Member # 7373

posted 10-19-2000 04:21 AM     Profile for Lawry Playle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I take your point about FS Clouds being very worthwhile for this sim (certainly looks it) but on Flight One Software site they say that "Combat Clouds" is a free download for CFS. Anyone tried this with CFS2 and if so how is it.
Posts: 35 | From: Sandbach,Cheshire,UK | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Johnny K
Member # 7226

posted 10-19-2000 04:50 AM     Profile for Johnny K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tried Combat Clouds. Setup program wouldn't recognize CFS2 executable.
Posts: 6 | From: Pickering, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
zombie
Member # 2776

posted 10-19-2000 06:56 AM     Profile for zombie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Same results here. I tried renaming the CFS2 directory and exe file and Combat Clouds still wouldn't install.
Posts: 28 | From: Toledo, OH | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.