my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » FM ver1.4

Author Topic: FM ver1.4
Wells
Member # 7315

posted 10-19-2000 02:01 AM     Profile for Wells   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
-Reduced braking strength for proper landing roll.
-Factored in flap pitching moment.
-Adjusted stick deflection at stall AoA for a couple of planes (P-38, Val, P-39)
-added tailhook to Val
-fixed moments of inertia on P-38 (was in metric units...my bad!)
-Gave the George a Naca 23012 airfoil
-further increases to gear drag, reduced flap drag

FM ver1.4

splashmike
Member # 7290

posted 10-19-2000 07:42 AM     Profile for splashmike   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wanted to know a little more about your flight model modifications. I was playing last night and found almost no drag from gear, or flaps. I also found that I could lower the gear at 200 mph and not have any damage. Also, while deploying the flaps and gear may slow the plan down, flaps did not appear to provide added lift. Do your flight models address these issues? What else? Thanks.
Posts: 15 | From: White Plains, New York, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
MRoadster
Member # 1505

posted 10-19-2000 10:17 AM     Profile for MRoadster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Wells,

Thanks for the updates and I like what you have done with the FMs. Have you taken a look at the Betty? Seems a lot of people are complaining about some of the wild maneuvering of this plane.

Posts: 30 | From: Southern California, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wells
Member # 7315

posted 10-19-2000 11:25 AM     Profile for Wells   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
splashmike,

Yes, I addressed all those issues. Gear drag has been greatly increased and flap lift adjusted by plane type according to the clean/dirty stall speeds listed in the flight manuals. In the readme file, I've listed everything that I adjusted. All adjustments are based on pilot handbook references, or aerodynamic theory and calculations.

SR
Member # 7183

posted 10-19-2000 03:08 PM     Profile for SR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Wells ,

Got a question for you , are you planing on doing a update of the CFS1 Mustang for CFS2 ? I flew this one lots and I know they used them over Japan at the end of the war .

------------------

Airbuddha - Not cool? Unpopular with the ladies? No problem. Bash Microsoft, chicks will dig ya.

Posts: 142 | From: Michigan , USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kraut
Member # 513

posted 10-19-2000 03:14 PM     Profile for Kraut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good Show Wells. Thanks a lot.
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

Posts: 754 | From: Kitchener Ont. Can. | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wells
Member # 7315

posted 10-19-2000 03:20 PM     Profile for Wells   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SR,

Don't the 714th guys have a P-51?

ooby
Member # 7335

posted 10-19-2000 04:17 PM     Profile for ooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Wells.
This may be a stupid question for you but just what files does you new FM replace - all those in the aircraft folder!? Need to know which files I should back-up. Thanks

Wells
Member # 7315

posted 10-19-2000 04:28 PM     Profile for Wells   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You should back up all .air files and aircraft.cfg files from each plane's folder. Just copy your whole 'aircraft' folder out to your desktop and copy it back in if you wanna play with the default planes again.

Regards,

Wells

SR
Member # 7183

posted 10-19-2000 05:02 PM     Profile for SR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep but Greg said at the first that CFS1 planes imported to CFS2 had 30 extra HP . I don't mean to quote him wrong though . I did read tonight that they are already using Hurricanes of CFS1 on CFS2 on the zone . LMAO , they should fight their air battles the hard air way

Red team north , blue team south , no shooting till host says fight "ON" , then climb like hell and when he says it's on then turn and it's the last team standing .

Die u rest up in ready room "HELL"
Here's the link to how borg set them up
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/1589/borg.html

------------------
sig version 1.1

Airbuddha - "Mediocre people are always at their best."

Posts: 142 | From: Michigan , USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.