my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » One Very Cool Plane Missing!

Author Topic: One Very Cool Plane Missing!
LiveOne
Member # 7198

posted 10-18-2000 05:01 PM     Profile for LiveOne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was just thinking, wouldn't it be hella cool to be able to have included in the game the Catalina Float Plane? I think it would be awesome, just being able to land in the water. It also performed a variety of missions that would be welcome.

Just a thought. Any hackers, skin designers out there? LOL

Mark

FoxK
Member # 81

posted 10-18-2000 05:04 PM     Profile for FoxK   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought that too...i think many were used to search for subs...i worked in Dutch Harbor Alaska for the last 10 yrs and they found one upsidedown in the mud in the water outside the airport..guns intact...but i think that's pretty much ALL they were used for as far as combat goes

------------------
"We're not retreating. Hell, we're just attacking in a different direction!"
GEN. OLIVER P. SMITH, USMC

evilclay
Member # 7364

posted 10-18-2000 05:28 PM     Profile for evilclay   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ASW and scouting were the main tasks assigned to the Catalina, however they were also used for bombing and anti-shipping strikes using both bombs and torps. I believe a Cat was credited with a torpedo hit against a Japanese vessel of the main body at Midway on the night of 03 June. I also belive that it was VP-44 that was known as the "Black Cats" who used their black Catalinas in nighttime anti shipping strikes against the Japanese vessels in 43-44. PBY's would sure be fun, hope someone can add them!
Posts: 1 | From: Pownal, Maine, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Moiety
Member # 1569

posted 10-18-2000 05:48 PM     Profile for Moiety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe, the company I'm wirht owns and operates one in Europe that was featured on an historic mail-run french adventure television show.

Try a search for (It has many names)

"Consolidated PBY"
"PBY"
"Catalina"

dauntless851
Member # 5136

posted 10-18-2000 06:46 PM     Profile for dauntless851   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't know planes could float in CFS2??

Somebody should tell this Pete, cause he doesn't float at all. After landing, he bobs a couple of seconds and then goes under.

This is just a CFS1 plane I put in CFS2 cause it looks cool flying around the islands and blue lagoons. Still needs to be fixed up as the bottom of the main pontoon doesn't show up. Could be because I used the Zero file to place it in the game.

Posts: 33 | From: Providence,RI,USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.