my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » AI plane conversion made easy...

Author Topic: AI plane conversion made easy...
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 10-18-2000 03:12 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bruce Thorson as eased the process of converting the AI planes that have the odd new .air format. This means that you can download an .air file instead of downloading an entire copy of the plane to your aircraft folder and still keep it's default flight characteristics.

Unzip the .air file into the aircraft folder with the same name as the zip file and it will be selectable to fly in the aircraft menu. This also means you can install a panel as you normally would and it will show up. I've updated the Dauntless, Avenger, and Devastator.

I would suggest tossing away the previous version I uploaded named FLY_TBF_AVENGER, FLY_TBD1_DEVASTATOR, and FLY_SBD2_DAUNTLESS.

Bruce is working on the conversion for all the AI aircraft that will make them selectable while retaining the stock flight model.

They're available at The Hangar

Regards, Airbuddha

Posts: 430 | From: Slipper Gut, WV, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ArgonV
Member # 5888

posted 10-18-2000 03:38 PM     Profile for ArgonV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great! But I REALLY wish you guys would do it to the Jap planes too!

Posts: 359 | From: League City, Texas, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 10-18-2000 03:43 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Since all he's doing is changing the AI files to an editable format and then making them flyable, it should be soon for the rest.

Regards, Airbuddha

ArgonV
Member # 5888

posted 10-18-2000 03:49 PM     Profile for ArgonV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glad to hear! How is this done? Will he share his little secret with us?
Posts: 359 | From: League City, Texas, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Medway
Member # 2159

posted 10-18-2000 03:51 PM     Profile for Medway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is using the AirEd program that hard for everyone? Takes all of two seconds to
load a plane and convert it (well all the
ones I've tried at least).

everyone should just go to flightsim.com and
grab the program and do it yourselves.

or am i missing something here that makes
it harder than what I've seen?

[This message has been edited by Medway (edited 10-18-2000).]

Posts: 182 | From: Orlando, FL USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GeoffP
Member # 1089

posted 10-18-2000 03:52 PM     Profile for GeoffP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FYI it took me a while to realize that the original links on the Hangar front page take you to the updated .zip files.

[This message has been edited by GeoffP (edited 10-18-2000).]

[This message has been edited by GeoffP (edited 10-18-2000).]

ArgonV
Member # 5888

posted 10-18-2000 03:57 PM     Profile for ArgonV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Medway, most of the AI planes (Besides the B24, B25 and C47) you cant do this with! All the information is gone! (Or hidden)
Medway
Member # 2159

posted 10-18-2000 04:11 PM     Profile for Medway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ArgonV: cool, thanks for letting me know.
actually i think i had a problem
with the P39 like that. So i just
copied an .air file from another
plane to fly it, although the FM
is wrong.

Posts: 182 | From: Orlando, FL USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 10-18-2000 04:51 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The P-39D Airacobra, C-47 Dakota are ready for download as well as the Japanese Val, Kate, Oscar, and Betty, courtesy of Bruce Thorson.

Regards, Airbuddha

ArgonV
Member # 5888

posted 10-18-2000 05:14 PM     Profile for ArgonV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THANKS!!!!!

P.S. My bombs drop on the B-24 and B-25

von_M
Member # 181

posted 10-18-2000 05:16 PM     Profile for von_M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry if this is off topic Airbuddha, but I was wondering if you knew if there were special instructions on how to add planes created for CFS (addon planes, not default) to CFS 2.

So far I've unzipped them to a directory of the same name in the AIRCRAFT directory, but they don't appear in the selection list in game.

Your suggestions, any help is appreciated.

------------------
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori.. -From the Odes of Horace.

Posts: 459 | From: London, Ontario. Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
wjwhitebuffalo
Member # 4404

posted 10-18-2000 05:35 PM     Profile for wjwhitebuffalo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Argon, How did you get the B-25 to drop bombs? I can get the bay doors open and see the bombs in the racks but will not release when I hit the pickle button.
Der Jager
Member # 7317

posted 10-18-2000 05:45 PM     Profile for Der Jager   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Airbuddha:
The P-39D Airacobra, C-47 Dakota are ready for download as well as the Japanese Val, Kate, Oscar, and Betty, courtesy of Bruce Thorson.

Regards, Airbuddha

Sir,

EXACTLY WHERE would I find these files?!

S!

Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 10-18-2000 05:54 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Try here Der Jager.The Hangar

[This message has been edited by Airbuddha (edited 10-18-2000).]

ArgonV
Member # 5888

posted 10-18-2000 06:18 PM     Profile for ArgonV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wjwhitebuffalo, I got them to drop, but I cant get the doors to open. All I do is arm them, and then release them. How did you get the doors to open? (What is the key that opens the doors mapped to?)

Thanks!

wjwhitebuffalo
Member # 4404

posted 10-18-2000 07:01 PM     Profile for wjwhitebuffalo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Figure this out, last night I was flying the B-25 around and got the bay doors to open by hitting the Ctrl+D" keys but could not get the bombs to release. I could look and see the bombs in the rack. Now today I took it for a spin but could not get the bay doors open but got the bombs to drop. I have not changed any files at all. WTF
ArgonV
Member # 5888

posted 10-18-2000 07:34 PM     Profile for ArgonV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm... Thats REALLY wierd! Maybe your keyboard key assignements changed? I know that today the weapon release and weapon arm keys got remapped...... I was scared there for a minute when I couldnt drop the bombs on the B25 or B24. Luckily I checked the command key assignments. Please tell me what Ctrl D is ampped to. I cant find it anywhere.
Jeeves
Member # 6875

posted 10-18-2000 09:22 PM     Profile for Jeeves   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well- if you are flying AirBuddha's Ruptured Duck, the bay doors open but the bombs don't drop... but if you are flying the AI B-25 (completely different)-- then there are no bay doors, but the bombs drop.

------------------
Jeeves =FC=

Posts: 26 | From: Saratoga Springs, NY- USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
wjwhitebuffalo
Member # 4404

posted 10-18-2000 10:13 PM     Profile for wjwhitebuffalo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn Jeeves, Your ears must have been burning, I just spent the last 2 hours figuring that out and came here to post what you just did. OK now we need somebody to figure out how to fix this. Also have you noticed that the B-25B(RD) has a major pull to the right when taking off when the B-25D Michell does not. I am not a real pilot but should there be major torque problems on a twin engine plane?

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.