my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Force Feedback and CFS2

Author Topic: Force Feedback and CFS2
JV44HeinzBar
Member # 4270

posted 10-18-2000 11:54 AM     Profile for JV44HeinzBar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi guys,
Has anyone out there tried turning off their force feed back effects while flying CFS2? I do this to let my wife sleep while I fly. the only problem is that the stick becomes a limp piece of pasta. When you turn off FFB in the game, the return to center for the stick becomes nonexistant. I've tried turning the ffb effects off within the stick profile and left the ffb on in the game....no change w/ the exception of the losing all ability to control flight at times(must exit game to get the stick to work again)>
Any suggestions? I've done the typical uninstall, defrag, reinstall ... no go.
S! JV44HeinzBar

Posts: 14 | From: denton, md, usa | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 10-18-2000 01:39 PM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree. I turned them off and my MSSWFFB stick was mush. I immediately turned em' back on. You can go into the cfs2.cfg file and turn off certain aspects of the ffb. I did and turned off both ground bumps and the machinegun. Both were way over done. I like it much better now. I just wish there was a way to put more umh' in the stick. The ffb in eaw is great. You actually have to manhandle the stick. Not enough force in either cfs of cfs2. I've already got the thing set on the strongest setting. Is there any other way to adjust it???

------------------
The only thing FREE in this world is "LONG DISTANCE TELEPHONE CALLS" at dialpad.com HEHEHEHE

Posts: 1291 | From: Suttons Bay, MI, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
JV44HeinzBar
Member # 4270

posted 10-18-2000 03:53 PM     Profile for JV44HeinzBar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi,
What exactly did you change to lessen the gun and bump feed back? I agree w/ the EAW. Still the best sim around.

Posts: 14 | From: denton, md, usa | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Seawolf
Member # 1787

posted 10-18-2000 05:25 PM     Profile for Seawolf   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have noticed in EAW you get buffeting when you begin to stall, I don't get this in CFS2. Would be a nice feature to have.
Posts: 1322 | From: Clearwater, Fl. USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Moose1am
Member # 6260

posted 10-18-2000 06:12 PM     Profile for Moose1am   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea I have been complaining about the lack of FFB effects in the stall model even since I purchased my First FFB Pro Sidewinder Joystick and a copy of CFS at the same time. Grrrrrrrrr. I can't believe they didn't include stall buffeting in CFS2. They must live in a cave or something when it comes to that feature. It would be a great patch item to add. Then and only thing will CFS2 be the all time best flight sim made this century

quote:
Originally posted by Seawolf:
I have noticed in EAW you get buffeting when you begin to stall, I don't get this in CFS2. Would be a nice feature to have.

Stevsky
Member # 7366

posted 10-18-2000 08:33 PM     Profile for Stevsky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Amen, Brother! You are preaching to the choir!

How can you push your a/c to the limit to nail that bogey when you don't have any way of knowing the edge of the envelope until you exceed it and depart?!

Microsoft, if you are out there and reading this forum ...

PLEASE PROVIDE FF FOR STALL WARNING!!!!

Posts: 5 | From: Dayton, OH, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Michael 2
Member # 7313

posted 10-18-2000 09:06 PM     Profile for Michael 2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Agreed about the lack of stick buffeting at and near the stall. I would love to see that patched.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.