my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Panning View Commands

Author Topic: Panning View Commands
Red Hand
Member # 2428

posted 10-18-2000 11:11 AM     Profile for Red Hand   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Am I missing something? I have the hat switch on my F22 Thrustmaster programmed to pan left, right, etc. Yet I get no response when in virtual cockpit or spot view. Can anyone advise?
Posts: 9 | From: St. Paul, MN USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bill Hewett
Member # 115

posted 10-18-2000 11:30 AM     Profile for Bill Hewett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Same problem with my Saitek X36(a). Fortunately I prefer the snap views (and have 8-way view with the help of shareware Digital Aspirin). I know you have to be in the 3D cockpit for panning to work, but I can't even get the keyboard to do so.
Posts: 1279 | From: MA, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Axe_78th
Member # 6941

posted 10-18-2000 12:39 PM     Profile for Axe_78th   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was able to get them to work by going into the game menu(Settings-Controller Confiqurations) and assigning the stick command there. I noticed some of the view(And Other) commands do not have a key set assigned to them inside the game menu under the default settings even though there is a command in the manual. I have a CH stick so I have to have a command assigned to a button on the stick before I go inside the game menu. Hope this helps.
Posts: 48 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bill Hewett
Member # 115

posted 10-18-2000 12:50 PM     Profile for Bill Hewett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Axe. I never woulda thunk that MS wouldn't have put all of the manual-listed commands into the default setup!!
Posts: 1279 | From: MA, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Red Hand
Member # 2428

posted 10-18-2000 01:00 PM     Profile for Red Hand   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, Axe, for your quick response. I'll give it a try and report back.
Posts: 9 | From: St. Paul, MN USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.