my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » RSALO - Where to get panels for flyable a/c?

Author Topic: RSALO - Where to get panels for flyable a/c?
riordan
Member # 810

posted 10-18-2000 10:04 AM     Profile for riordan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Noticed you posted that you have panels for Airbuddhas a/c and said thanks abacus...where did you get these???

riordan

Posts: 202 | From: SA,TX,US | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
rsalo
Member # 1722

posted 10-18-2000 11:46 AM     Profile for rsalo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
riordan,
I got the Ki.43 panel from Abacus's Wing's over China, from Abacus Battle for Midway the SBD, also the TBD-1 and the Val. The Kate and TBF came from Abacus's Pacific Theater. I own all three.

riordan
Member # 810

posted 10-18-2000 01:15 PM     Profile for riordan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah. Good tip for owner...I only own WoC, but at least that is one a/c. Thanks!

riordan

SirMark
Member # 7339

posted 10-18-2000 11:03 PM     Profile for SirMark   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How do you get the CFS panels to work? I tried to use the SBD panel from Battle of Midway (Abacus), didn't work. I'm kinda new to CFS/CFS2, is there certain steps you could outline that could help me out here.

Thanks in advance,

SirMark

Posts: 16 | From: Calif, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
rsalo
Member # 1722

posted 10-18-2000 11:49 PM     Profile for rsalo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi SirMark,
No did nothing special, copy all files from C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\Aircraft\BFM_SBD-3 Dauntless\Panel folder(don't forget the PANEL.CFG file or it wont work) to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Simulator2\Aircraft\SB2_ Dauntless\Panel folder and you should be on your way.

SirMark
Member # 7339

posted 10-19-2000 12:08 AM     Profile for SirMark   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks rsalo!

I'll try it again again. Its me missin a file or somethin, what we call a 'keyboard-to-chair interface problem' at work, LOL.

SirMark

SirMark
Member # 7339

posted 10-19-2000 12:41 AM     Profile for SirMark   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THANKS rsalo!

Forward view panel is workig now for TBD, but first I need to paractice some ACM on some Zekes before I try to get the other non-fyable panels to work. Only so much time in a day, LOL

I know this has been asked before, and forgive me if I missed it, but anyway to get the slewable view to work with these planes(anyone?)? Seems if you can port the panel the slewable views aren't far off, which offers great promise for me and the squadron I fly with :-)

Thanks again and -=Salute=-

SirMark

ArgonV
Member # 5888

posted 10-19-2000 05:40 AM     Profile for ArgonV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SirMark, could you send the the panel for the TBD1? THANKS!
Posts: 359 | From: League City, Texas, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
wjwhitebuffalo
Member # 4404

posted 10-19-2000 05:48 AM     Profile for wjwhitebuffalo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Could you please send me all the panel files that you can. All I have is CFS2. Thanks.
wjwhitebuffalo
Member # 4404

posted 10-19-2000 06:10 AM     Profile for wjwhitebuffalo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess you might need this!!!
[email protected]

riordan
Member # 810

posted 10-19-2000 07:26 AM     Profile for riordan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sir Mark,

I believe the technical term is PEBKAC.
Probelm Exists Between Keyboard and Chair.

Very similar to the I/O issues...

Ignorant Operator, for those not in IT

riordan

rsalo
Member # 1722

posted 10-19-2000 11:29 AM     Profile for rsalo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gentalmen,
I have sent an email to Airbudda, to see if he would like me to send any panel's from the Abacus add-on's I have, that are relevent to CFS2, for downloading at his site. I would love to send the panel's to everyone who would want them personally, but I don't have the time to do it, as I'm sure allot of people would want them. But please keep in mind, this may or may not happen, it wouldn't be because AB wouldn't want to do this I'm sure, but it may not be legal (copywrite laws). As soon as I hear from AB, I or maybe AB himself will let you guy's know.
FWIW, Abacus does have a panel designer for FS2000 and the CFS simulator's available at www.abacuspub.com, you can purchase it on-line and there is a freeware version (limited to only five instrument's). Keep in mind if AB is able to do it, some of the panel's are not that great looking (like the TBF-1 or Betty which is an early Abacus add-on for CFS1) while other's are up to CFS2 standards (like Ki.43II from newer Abacus Wing's over China add-on). Personally I only care for the panel's from WOC, they are all pretty much up to CFS2 standards, the other's look alittle cartoonish.

[This message has been edited by rsalo (edited 10-19-2000).]

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.