my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » It just occured to me that the major plane missing from CFS2 is the Tony

Author Topic: It just occured to me that the major plane missing from CFS2 is the Tony
Mshock44
Member # 6900

posted 10-17-2000 10:18 PM     Profile for Mshock44   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The me-109 wannabe the Japanese produced from plans shared by the nazis. I know it wasn't a real preformace plane, even compared to the zero, but I think it WAS a more common aircraft in the CFS2 campaign locals.
I still think fully functional dive/torp bombers should be first on the list, as well as the Aircorbra and the Warhawk.
I'm not really hyped about the idea of bringing in the Thunderbolt or the Mustang, as the thunderbolt really was mainly a european theater plane (belive it or not, many considerd the Corsair a navalized P-47 at the time, as they shared the same engine) , and the mustang didn't participate in many of the island-hopping battles. They might be good later for a B-29/Mustang add-on for the bombing of the Japanese mainland. But the game doesn't really focus on that the way it was written.

Wells
Member # 7315

posted 10-17-2000 10:56 PM     Profile for Wells   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How about the Ki-44! I love that one!
Mshock44
Member # 6900

posted 10-17-2000 10:59 PM     Profile for Mshock44   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is that the twin-engine fighter-bomber?

Kraut
Member # 513

posted 10-17-2000 10:59 PM     Profile for Kraut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good Question. Also, where's the KI 84. Now, that kite flown by an half bum experten would knock Hades out of all Ami Iron. I still shudder when I think of my run ins with those crates on WBs. I found a way to beat them though, with all other planes, I STAYED THE HADES AWAY FROM THEM TILL I SAW WHAT THE PILOT COULD DO. Then, & even then, I approached them mit EXTREME CAUTION from high mit lots of motor und lots of go fast und if I survived the next 2 min. I WON!!!!
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

Posts: 754 | From: Kitchener Ont. Can. | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
[email protected]=-
Member # 2456

posted 10-17-2000 11:06 PM     Profile for -=Sp@nky=-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Actually the Ki-61 is a close cousin to the He-100, not the Bf 109.

Here is a work in progress.

Still work to be done on the Canopy.

Wrong game though

You might be able to convince the maker to convert it to CFS2 also though, or at least donate the model.

You can ask Razer here.

http://www.fightersquadron.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003198.html

As far as I know it was the only water cooled Jap plane, and it was a decent performer.

Posts: 100 | From: canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mshock44
Member # 6900

posted 10-17-2000 11:14 PM     Profile for Mshock44   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah [email protected], it's looking pretty good. I'm more of a history amature than a 3D efficianado though. I don't know if the codec would butcher that model when trying to convert it. It looks good so far though, as for the canopy, the bugs would give those starving Japanese pilots much needed protien.

[This message has been edited by Mshock44 (edited 10-17-2000).]

juzz
Member # 31

posted 10-19-2000 08:05 AM     Profile for juzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Ki-61 design had nothing to do with those two German fighters - except that it used a license built version of the same DB 601 engine that powered the Bf 109 and He 100.

Click below for histories of the plane the Allies called TONY.

Ki-61 Hien site 1
Ki-61 Hien site 2

The Ki-44 was a single engine fighter, with a big engine and small wings. It went like a rocket, but not many were made(about 1200).

There was another Japanese aircraft with a water cooled engine; the Yokosuka D4Y Suisei, Allied code: JUDY. It was the "successor" to the Aichi D3A VAL divebomber. The inline engine was highly unreliable, however, and the later models were converted to a radial engine.

[This message has been edited by juzz (edited 10-19-2000).]

Posts: 125 | From: Oz | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.