my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Where can I grab those more accurate FM's? (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Where can I grab those more accurate FM's?
Kraut
Member # 513

posted 10-18-2000 02:26 PM     Profile for Kraut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Herr Wells, please don't stop. One doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to see the improvements you already made. This is an excellent sim &, IMO, your just making it better.
A little OT, but, in CFSI, Microsoft & crew gave the Huns a 190A8 & a 109G6. Two not very good dogfighters. I know that the G6 was made in large numbers but then to go & put a high alt. MKIX in with 1700 plus HP. in, that were few in numbers in comparison to other MKs. Why not give the Axis side an A4, D9 or an 109F or K? Also, why didn't they model the KI84 in CFSII?
I could be just rambling here but I guess one can draw their own conclusions, as they will!

Posts: 754 | From: Kitchener Ont. Can. | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wells
Member # 7315

posted 10-18-2000 04:15 PM     Profile for Wells   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Greg, I will!

Kraut,

I'm more partial to the Ki-44! I hope someone can build one of those with a virtual cockpit!

SR
Member # 7183

posted 10-18-2000 04:44 PM     Profile for SR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glad to see most are getting along now

AirBudda , it wasn't a joke . Yet I still love my new sig , thanks again

Wells got your new reversion , hehe , if I keep reading all these boards , you'll be all done and I won't have yet to try version 1.2 . Hope I didn't overstep myself to far posting that link

------------------
------------------------
Airbuddha - Not cool? Unpopular with the ladies? No problem. Bash Microsoft, chicks will dig ya.

Posts: 142 | From: Michigan , USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wells
Member # 7315

posted 10-18-2000 10:50 PM     Profile for Wells   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kraut,

I think you're right about the gear drag. I was digging through my British manuals, cause they give power settings for level flight with gear and flaps down. For the MustangIII, 35" was needed with gear and full flaps, 30" with only gear. For Spitfires, it was 28" and 22" respectively. The flaps are making too much drag and the gear not enough. I'll have an update maybe later on tonight..er..this morning! ...or later tomorrow. I'm also working on a few other things, mostly pitch stability, downwash and flap pitching moment and landing rollout.

Kraut
Member # 513

posted 10-19-2000 05:58 AM     Profile for Kraut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Wells, I was getting the feeling that I was shouting down a "well"! As I mentioned before, & I don't know what thread that was in, it's just my reading, talking to a few Sabre pilots, & watching actual flying & landing procedures on TV that I'm arriving @ my less than scientific results. So, keep up the good work & thanks for the open mind.
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

Posts: 754 | From: Kitchener Ont. Can. | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 10-19-2000 06:21 AM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok SR. I never actually met a wacked out groupie type before. I damn sure never thought I'd have one following me around.

Try this one on. I'll bet it's a better fit for you. "Mediocre people are always at their best."

Airbuddha

Posts: 430 | From: Slipper Gut, WV, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SR
Member # 7183

posted 10-19-2000 03:23 PM     Profile for SR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Newest update sig version 1.1

------------------
Airbuddha - "Mediocre people are always at their best."

Posts: 142 | From: Michigan , USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.