my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Is anyone else getting these bug?

Author Topic: Is anyone else getting these bug?
Dazz1812
Member # 7333

posted 10-17-2000 03:39 PM     Profile for Dazz1812   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am getting the following bugs:

When in quick combat mode: Enemy aircraft are american with japanese names

I am not getting my scores on any top ten board, I have not even seen the top ten board.

I have been returned to desktop many times at many different areas of the menus, even when trying to start the game from desktop.

The sound is sometimes very distorted for no appaerent reason, I have to restart the mission/game to clear this out.

My system specs:
PII 450
256 mgs ram
Voodoo5 5500
MS FF Pro2

Posts: 15 | From: Florida , USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
JJR
Member # 6812

posted 10-17-2000 03:51 PM     Profile for JJR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dazz -

Sorry I can't help you with your problems, but your system specs are identical to mine. I was wondering how CFS2 runs on your system, (besides the bugs). I just bought my Voodoo 5 card and love it. How are your frame rates with FSAA??

Thanks....

Posts: 26 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
stephenju
Member # 7345

posted 10-17-2000 11:26 PM     Profile for stephenju   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This might help:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/KB/ARTICLES/Q274/9/04.asp

Posts: 10 | From: Waltham, MA, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dazz1812
Member # 7333

posted 10-18-2000 06:03 AM     Profile for Dazz1812   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
JJR

I have been getting about 25 fps with no cockpit and no HUD. I find that the HUD slows the frames down. I have the V5 set at fastest performance no AA. I have the screen resolution set at 1280 x 960 - 16bit (or something like that) Please post me your setup.

Posts: 15 | From: Florida , USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
JJR
Member # 6812

posted 10-18-2000 07:19 AM     Profile for JJR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dazz -

I don't actually own CFS2, but I am debating on whether to purchase it.

Anyway, my system specs are
PII 450 (Dell)
Voodoo5 5500
128 Ram

[This message has been edited by JJR (edited 10-18-2000).]

MikeToth
Member # 762

posted 10-18-2000 07:26 AM     Profile for MikeToth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Get it........... sure there are a few bugs and they will iron those out, but don't let that scare you away........... it's great!!!

Posts: 219 | From: Cleveland, Ohio USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
shockwave11
Member # 7057

posted 10-18-2000 08:17 AM     Profile for shockwave11   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I frequently CTD when I first installed it. I Pulled it off myu HD than reinstalled (along with the new drivers for my TNT2 Ultra) and no more problems.

As for American Planes with Japaneese names, I'm not sure about that. I know you can change the type of enemy you wish to fight in the menu (i.e. you can fly for the US and fight US planes).

Posts: 24 | From: Jackson, NJ, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
musgrove
Member # 1643

posted 10-18-2000 08:17 AM     Profile for musgrove   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I don't get any top ten board either...what's up with that?

Mus

------------------
Musgrove's EAW Annex
http://server3003.freeyellow.com/musgrove1/musgrove.htm

12th I.A.P. Home Page
http://server3003.freeyellow.com/yuristupchet/12th_iap_home_page.htm

Posts: 1245 | From: CT, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
JJR
Member # 6812

posted 10-18-2000 09:47 AM     Profile for JJR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What games don't have bugs anyway? This sucker is still very new. If it has half user add-ons (planes, missions, etc.) that CFS1 has, it will be a fantastic game. I really liked CFS1 and the ability to import planes and scenery at will.

I used to play the orginal Gunship and f119 stealth by Microprose on my old C64 back in the day. I bought a home PC a couple of years ago and CFS is the only flight sim I owned until I bought Janes USAF, IAF, and F15. I can't get enough of USAF, but I am concerned that CFS2 is only CFS1 with new planes and bells and whistles. I got sucked in to buying the Pacific Theatre add-on by Abacus, and was seriously disappointed.

I may wait until this comes down in price. I'm afraid to download a demo, because I'll probably want it ASAP.

Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 10-18-2000 09:49 AM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My Specs: PII 450 TNTv4400 128 ram (Dell)
Graphics Setup (Finally figured it out)
All Default Settings Except:
Bilinear Filtering (On)
Mipmapping (On)
Auto-performance adjustment (Off)
1024x768
Dem (med)
Max Terrain (256)
Terrain Complexity (98)
Max Object (512)
Max visability (30)
Aircraft shadows (Off)
Ground shadows (Off)
Detail texuring (On)
High detail virtual cockpit (On)
Effects quality (med)
LOD target framerate (Not applicable)with Auto-performance turned off

Now my biggest problems were that auto-performance thing which caused framerates to drop from 25 to 3 almost instancely. No problem any more. Also, I found that with bilinear filtering being used instead of trilinear filtering I could step up the terrain texture and still end up with better framerate and better picture quality than with trilinear filtering.

Absolutely stable sim. Had one CTD in five days after playing several hours and messing around constantly with graphics settings. Now I'm running between 25 -30 with cockpit and worst dips are around 15 fps. Finally, I think I got it!!!???

------------------
The only thing FREE in this world is "LONG DISTANCE TELEPHONE CALLS" at dialpad.com HEHEHEHE

Posts: 1291 | From: Suttons Bay, MI, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.