my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » 5fps with MS FFB pro

Author Topic: 5fps with MS FFB pro
ProzacPain
Member # 7328

posted 10-17-2000 01:20 PM     Profile for ProzacPain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just wondering if anyone else had this happen.

I got between 45 and 0 fps before i turned the FF of my (first generation) MS force feedback sidewinder pro. It was horrible
I thought my cpu had just taken a dump or something, i tried turning the graphics down to THE LOWEST POSSIBLE levels on by P3/504/256/TNT2u and still the frame rate would top out at around 80 or 90 but as soon as the plane started moving or i scrolled around the cockpit my screen would stutter, freeze, and generally do very bad things.
Yes I've made sure i have all the latest drivers for everything.

Anyways thank god im getting fine fps now that i turned the FF portion of the joystick off in the game setup. I then reinstalled my SW game software anyways, because i was trying the game with a different jstick, and i then went back to the Sidewinder just with the FF turned off, cause i still like the way it feels.

I have not seen this problem/discovery posted anywhere but im sure someone has had the same problems and suffered the same shock and horror when their average midrange system choked while running this game.

TRY DISABLING FF, thats all i have to say.

Otherwise, now the lowest fps i get is 12-15 and a stutter occasionally when a few planes blow up or there is a lot of smoke and debris in there air. Gonna solve that with the P3-800 i just ordered and a Geforce GTS ultra is coming the next paycheck after that

------------------
I think therefore I'm bored

Posts: 68 | From: Jacksonville FL USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
ProzacPain
Member # 7328

posted 10-17-2000 02:42 PM     Profile for ProzacPain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
um i meant GeForce2 Ultra...
I can't believe they are still charging 230 some odd bux for a P3-800 when a Thunderbird 1ghz is like 200 i think now...
But im not ready to by an AMD compatible motherboard, not just yet..
gotta see what happens between the P4 and whatver comes after the Thunderbird

Posts: 68 | From: Jacksonville FL USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bayfire
Member # 7188

posted 10-17-2000 02:50 PM     Profile for Bayfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
why wait until p4?i just bought a thunderbird 900 for 250.00,have yet to install yet but the time is right for upgrading.I also bought Asus' newest motherboard A7V with 200 mghz FSB.Also new 300 watt ATX case with 7 cooling fans,new asus 50x cd rom.new soundblaster live sound card and new soundblaster V90 56k modem 807.00 not too bad for a nice upgrade and fast CPU.Already have a sony trintron 19 in monitor, Geforce DDR hercules vid card with 32 megs, 160 megs of pc133 mem.And microsoft digital subwoofer and speakers.
Posts: 30 | From: Marysville Wa USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Michael 2
Member # 7313

posted 10-17-2000 05:40 PM     Profile for Michael 2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had the same problem. Went to the Microsoft site and discovered there was a patch for its joystick drivers. Fixed the problem in CFSII but totally screwed up Mig Alley. I find that I can never configure everything to run more than one sim properly.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.