my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Pearl Harbor Mission Question...

Author Topic: Pearl Harbor Mission Question...
Jeeves
Member # 6875

posted 10-16-2000 11:06 PM     Profile for Jeeves   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well--

I downloaded this mission and am having a ball with it. My question is-- what area is this in the game. I mean, I know it's the Hawaiian Islands...but when I go to choose it in Free Flight, I don't see them or Oahu or anything like that...where can I Free Flight over the great islands? Thanks in advance!!

------------------
Jeeves =FC=

Posts: 26 | From: Saratoga Springs, NY- USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MondoPest
Member # 3086

posted 10-17-2000 03:40 AM     Profile for MondoPest   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Basically I had to track down the area of Ford Island and what not by hand, as MS didnt include it in the default scenery/airfields/etc(maybe an add-on pack later?).

Mission Download:
http://home.pe.net/~themaxx/PH1.zip

BadgerDog
Member # 7162

posted 10-17-2000 05:09 AM     Profile for BadgerDog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dowloaded and tried it....

Nice effort....

Unfortunately, couldn't really fly it...

I was only getting 7-10fps on an 866Mhz P3 with 256 megs of memory and a GeForce 2 AGP card. In other scenarios and generally I get 35fps minimum with 40-60fs in general.

Regards,
BadgerDog

Posts: 15 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
MondoPest
Member # 3086

posted 10-17-2000 05:40 AM     Profile for MondoPest   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unfortunately the price to pay for having +-100 enemy aircraft, (even though there were something like 160appx at the real incident) is poor frame rate. Argh!!! I just wish the hardware had caught up to the vision. Oh well, someone mentioned Battle of Britain's engine being able to handle loads of enemy planes so we wil have to wait patiently(truely we are challenged chum!).
slugged
Member # 1255

posted 10-17-2000 06:33 AM     Profile for slugged   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Or perhaps you could just tone down your graphics settings a tad. Say 800x600x16 and maybe put the little graphics slider in the settings menu to 5 instead of 6. I think 6 is the highest. (going from memory here)

slugged

pops
Member # 129

posted 10-17-2000 07:00 AM     Profile for pops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. Jeeves, you are a naughty boy!

Posts: 52 | From: Edgewood, Kentucky USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Jeeves
Member # 6875

posted 10-17-2000 01:03 PM     Profile for Jeeves   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Huh? What do you mean?

------------------
Jeeves =FC=

Posts: 26 | From: Saratoga Springs, NY- USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.