my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » No dive bombers?

Author Topic: No dive bombers?
Vector
Member # 463

posted 10-16-2000 09:27 PM     Profile for Vector   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I recieved word that you cannot pilot dive or torpedo bombers. What a bummer. Is this true?

------------------
-\/ector, Flight Sim Sympathizer
LGB Bombing Strategy

Posts: 903 | From: Comox, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
ArgonV
Member # 5888

posted 10-16-2000 09:35 PM     Profile for ArgonV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, you can with Airbuddhas AI plane tweaks. He took the Dauntless, Avenger and the Devastator and made them flyable. With the Aired program, you can get the B-24, B-25 and the C-47 to fly as well. And yes the torpedoes do work!
Posts: 359 | From: League City, Texas, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Valkyrie
Member # 2026

posted 10-16-2000 09:58 PM     Profile for Valkyrie     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My Avenger or Dauntless (forgot which one)didn't show the torpedo on their fuselage. unlike the devastator. Does anyone have the same experience ?
Posts: 145 | From: Madison, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Vancouver
Member # 6550

posted 10-16-2000 10:34 PM     Profile for Vancouver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I believe the Avenger stores the torpedo in an internal bomb-bay.
S.

Posts: 147 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ArgonV
Member # 5888

posted 10-16-2000 10:37 PM     Profile for ArgonV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thats true, but how do you open the bomb bay? The dauntless carries no torpedo. The Kate does however.
Posts: 359 | From: League City, Texas, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jeeves
Member # 6875

posted 10-16-2000 10:59 PM     Profile for Jeeves   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You don't open the bomb bay...the torpedo justs falls through...

------------------
Jeeves =FC=

Posts: 26 | From: Saratoga Springs, NY- USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mathman
Member # 1838

posted 10-16-2000 11:58 PM     Profile for Mathman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you look at the bay doors, you can see that they look like they should open. Maybe I'm just seeing things. Oh well.

-math

------------------
"Any American fighter near Orote Penninsula. I have forty Jap planes surrounded and need a little help."
-Ens. W.B. "Spider" Webb during the Marians Turkey Shoot

[This message has been edited by Mathman (edited 10-16-2000).]

Posts: 1 | From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
cptSwordfish
Member # 7320

posted 10-17-2000 12:50 AM     Profile for cptSwordfish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whoever said there wasn't any dive bombing in the game is wrong. There IS dive bombing... In fact, there's even a dive bombing training mission. No torpedoes though...

------------------

..:: cpt. Swordfish ::..

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.