my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Patch Requests Here!

Author Topic: Patch Requests Here!
Boxcar
Member # 1919

posted 10-16-2000 02:36 PM     Profile for Boxcar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like the sim. It`s great. It`s fun.
For starters I have a problem with having to "finish" off an enemy aircraft because it keeps on fighting, climbing and manuevering like nothing is wrong!
The Betty Bombers fight and fly as well as some of the Zeros.....geesh...come on!
What`s with the warping effect? I have yet to experience this with any other sim to date that has any respectability? What`s with my wingmen. Set at aggressive they still seem to wimp out?
I`m not flaming this sim and I am aware that no sim can claim perfection but Microsoft please fix this so it doesn`t become the "achilles heel" of a potential classic!

Boxcar

Posts: 317 | From: Vancouver,B.C.,Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kwagmyre
Member # 3493

posted 10-16-2000 02:42 PM     Profile for Kwagmyre   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd like my FF stick to shake when I'm close to stalling like it does in EAW. Almost everything I've ever read makes mention of buffeting or shuddering when close to stalling in these aicraft.
Posts: 101 | From: Mt. Laurel, NJ, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kite
Member # 569

posted 10-16-2000 03:54 PM     Profile for Kite   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Please add a "Target nearest ennemy" command. It is very frustrating to have to scan 25+ planes to target the nearest ennmy! This is my main gripe about the sim as it is now. This one deserves a patch! (not too hard to do either)

An external view "Player to Target" would be nice also.

buz13
Member # 546

posted 10-16-2000 04:21 PM     Profile for buz13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes...Target Nearest Enemy command.
Fix the lame prop graphic in 3D cockpit
Jump to next plane command...like EAW Except in Campaign.
Get rid (on/off) of yellow enemy plane brackets.

Posts: 385 | From: Seattle, WA USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
ArgonV
Member # 5888

posted 10-16-2000 04:33 PM     Profile for ArgonV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glide support!!!!!!!!
Posts: 359 | From: League City, Texas, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
BattleHamster
Member # 7247

posted 10-16-2000 04:45 PM     Profile for BattleHamster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Give the Betty's turbofan engines with afterburners, and a loadout of a dozen all-aspect heat seeking missiles. Hell, if you're gonna make them terrors fo the pacific theater, you might as well do it right.
loafer87gt
Member # 1036

posted 10-16-2000 04:47 PM     Profile for loafer87gt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My biggest grips are the pathetic looking tracers. I find the ones included with the game make leading a target very difficult. Also, it would be nice if the wingman AI was a bit smarter. I have only made it to the thrid mission, but my Wingmen still haven't got any kills.
Wolfar
Member # 6843

posted 10-16-2000 04:56 PM     Profile for Wolfar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Interesting as one of my wingmen after the battle of Midway has 5 kills and anouther has 3. Now the second wing though has none!
Posts: 64 | From: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
BadBooze
Member # 7306

posted 10-16-2000 05:02 PM     Profile for BadBooze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well here is my Two Cents after one day with CFS2 ----

(a) Add full AI flight control via a switch (just like WW2 fighters) where control of ALL planes (including player) take hold and waypoints function as defined. I am smokin' rope I know, but it would be nice to have full AI, including taxi through land, like both WW2 Fighters and USAF!! (great feature).

(b) Fix right ailerion trim function.

(c) Add smooth view transition switch as it is described in the onboard help database. It is presently missing (see my post for HELP!).

(d) Add "jump to wingman cockpit" function.

(e) More flexible weapon loadout capability e.g. for all sim modes. Loadout should be as available as MS has made "SETTINGS" (which is just great!).

Anyway, just the start of my Christmas list!

More To Follow -- !!!

Posts: 141 | From: San Ramon, CA. USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
DC-Cannon_51
Member # 3503

posted 10-16-2000 05:03 PM     Profile for DC-Cannon_51   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have (1) wingman with 4 kills and another with nearly 10 (and I AM set on max difficulty). I find that you have to order them to attack AND help them tally the bandit. In other words, you have to hold their hand and walk them to the target. I discovered this during one particular mission when I ran outta ammo......

DC

Posts: 28 | From: Murfreesboro, TN, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Charlie901
Member # 4814

posted 10-16-2000 05:22 PM     Profile for Charlie901   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The HUGE FPS HIT that occurrs when an ememy plane blows or breaks apart needs serious attention. My FPS PLUNGE from the 40's to around 6- 9 when I'm on my target's six and he breaks up!
Posts: 67 | From: FT LAUDERDALE, FL | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
ronjon
Member # 4193

posted 10-16-2000 05:33 PM     Profile for ronjon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
see below

[This message has been edited by ronjon (edited 10-16-2000).]

ronjon
Member # 4193

posted 10-16-2000 05:35 PM     Profile for ronjon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
maybe it's just me but i'm a finding a prob when i switch between full screen [no cockpit] & padlock view. I think the prob can be described by saying that when i fly i don't use the 2d or 3d cockpit but when i padlock the game sends you to the 3d cockpit. when i take off i set the 3d cockpit zoom all the way back so there's more of a "fisheye" when i switch to padlock during combat. problem is that when i come back from padlock the gun sight and the tracer fire doesn't line up [not even close and not the drift of my plane]. my plane is definately not shooting in accordance with my gun sight. see if you can duplicate this some time and tell me that it's not just my imagination.

asta,
rj

kbta
Member # 7097

posted 10-16-2000 05:48 PM     Profile for kbta   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love this game. It's a blast to play.
My sincere thanks to all the programmers
on the FCS2 project. Having said that,
I'd like to have the following on the
list for the next patch:

1. Free camera: allow you to roam around
freely to any point in the sim environment.
A la Jane's F/A18. Especially in a beautiful
environment like that of FCS2 this feature
will do justice to the sim.

2. Object views in pause mode. This allows
you to switch view to any object, air or
ground or sea, and to freely pan and zoom
around that object. Same as that of Jane's
WW2F and F/A18. Currently I find the slew
mode and chase view is a poor substitute
and the chase view is not working in the
pause mode.

3. Recorder with full features set. Similar
to Falcon 4.0.

4. Replace current tracers (which, when
I play in stereoscopic mode, become
horizontal bars flying out like some
starwar bizarre laser weapons) with some
thing similar to WW2F's which work
nicely in 3D stereoscopic mode.

KB

Posts: 20 | From: San Jose, CA, US | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Redneck
Member # 2856

posted 10-16-2000 06:32 PM     Profile for Redneck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't like the missions to just end
without havin to land.

Posts: 99 | From: Missouri | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zager
Member # 4774

posted 10-16-2000 07:44 PM     Profile for Zager   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Love the game.
Prob I noticed: When in flight I press the map button (I) Ok then when I go back to the to flying I have graphic probs with landscape, missing sections, or prop looks like a clear disk.
Start another mission graphic problem is gone.
Using PIII 500 Voodoo 3500 256 ram.

Posts: 22 | From: N.Calif. | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.