my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Devastator, Avenger, and Dauntless ready for download...

Author Topic: Devastator, Avenger, and Dauntless ready for download...
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 10-15-2000 11:45 AM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Dauntless, Avenger, and Devastator are ready for download. Each plane has it's own folder. This will keep you from modifying the AI .air files and possibly adversely affecting the flight models of the original AI planes during missions and campaigns.

Simply unzip them into your CFS2 "Aircraft" folder and go flying.

Get them at The Hangar

Airbuddha
The Hangar

Posts: 430 | From: Slipper Gut, WV, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 10-15-2000 12:08 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You could simply drop in a flyable .air file into the Avenger's folder, and many do that, but I think it's a bad idea for one particular reason.

If the flight model of the .air file you're dropping in isn't the same as the one you're replacing, then your computer controlled planes aren't going to behave properly in single and campaign missions.

You could drop a Corsair .air file in the Avenger folder to make it flyable, but I'm sure you wouldn't like the results if you're flying for the Japanese.

It's probably better to make copies of the AI planes, re-name them, and make those flyable.

The American bombers only need the "Aircraft Type" line changed from "2" to "0" in the .air file. It's safe to change that line and use the existing plane without affecting their flight model.

Regards, Airbuddha

Fishbed77
Member # 1035

posted 10-15-2000 12:16 PM     Profile for Fishbed77   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks!!!
von_M
Member # 181

posted 10-15-2000 12:27 PM     Profile for von_M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Many thanks Airbuddha!

------------------
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori.. -From the Odes of Horace.

Posts: 459 | From: London, Ontario. Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Boxcar
Member # 1919

posted 10-15-2000 12:30 PM     Profile for Boxcar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To Airbuddha,

I think your work is excellent and encourage you to continue. Are these latest add-ons actually from CFS2 or are they your own?
I tried the B-25 Mitchell and Boyington Corsair but find them to be to hard on the (FPS) department. Do these latest ones(Dauntless,Avenger,and Devastator) reflect the same outcome(FPS) or are they in game flyables?

Boxcar

Posts: 317 | From: Vancouver,B.C.,Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 10-15-2000 01:26 PM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I downloaded the three and they all work; but there's no cockpits. Are they not ready yet? I also downloaded the P51d. That one is really sweet!!! Cockpit is great!!! Do the P47d's have cockpits???

------------------
The only thing FREE in this world is "LONG DISTANCE TELEPHONE CALLS" at dialpad.com HEHEHEHE

Posts: 1291 | From: Suttons Bay, MI, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 10-15-2000 02:06 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Devastator, Avenger, and Dauntless, are the planes that came with the game you bought. The three you see for download are merely flyable versions of the non-flyable planes that you already have.

They don't have cockpits because Microsoft didn't put them in.

All of my planes have panels and cockpits except for the B-25B, "Ruptured Duck".

Regards, Airbuddha

Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 10-15-2000 02:09 PM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let me say this!!! That P51d 2d cockpit puts WWII fighters to shame!!! And I'm not exagerating (sp) either. Great Work. The 3d is fine except dark. Can't figure out how to turn the lights on in it. Man if the default 2d cockpits can be redone like that one, this game will rock for ages. I just flew by two zekes at almost four hundred miles per hour. They were doing about 150 mph. Felt like I was in a jet. Gotta stay off that throttle. HEHE.

------------------
The only thing FREE in this world is "LONG DISTANCE TELEPHONE CALLS" at dialpad.com HEHEHEHE

ASO544
Member # 7219

posted 10-15-2000 02:10 PM     Profile for ASO544   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great job but I cant get my tailhook to lower on any of them. Also will the drop bombs or torpedos?

Keep up the awesome work!!!

ASO544

Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 10-15-2000 02:11 PM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Responding to your 2:06pm thread. Can we simply copy an existing panel over to those empty panel folders??? If so, which ones???

------------------

ASO544
Member # 7219

posted 10-15-2000 02:48 PM     Profile for ASO544   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To answer my question, they damn sure will. I just torpedoed a cruiser and it was great! I still cant get the tailhook to lower though. Any suggestions? Great work !

ASO544

Ajax
Member # 1986

posted 10-15-2000 02:52 PM     Profile for Ajax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Airbuddha, I salute you.

DAUNTLESS!!! YEAH BABY!!! MWAHAHAHAAAA!!!

------------------
-Ajax out

--------------------
"Je suis un Canadien québécois, un Français canadien-français. Un Américain du Nord français. Un francophone québécois canadien. On est des Canadiens américains francophones."-Elvis Gratton
--------------------
"You always use violence. I should've ordered glutinous rice chicken" -Anonymous

Arclight
Member # 7244

posted 10-15-2000 03:14 PM     Profile for Arclight   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AB:

Great!!! job on the planes. Keep at it!!

Arclight

Posts: 73 | From: A Small Cow & Oil Town Out West (An Old P-38 Base) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 10-15-2000 03:18 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Bigshot,

Sure. Just copy a panel of your choosing over to the panel folder of the plane you want and that's it.

ASO544,

Read this thread regarding getting your tailhook and wing folds to work. ArgonV's tip will work for you. http://www.combatsim.com/ubb/Forum62/HTML/000099.html

Regards, Airbuddha

Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 10-15-2000 04:45 PM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry to bother again Airbudda. I copied the F4U-1D panel to the Devastor, Avenger and Dauntless folder. Works great. Now I have the instrument panel. Still missing the wings when I look out of the cockpit. Can I copy an F4U-1D (left/right wing)from the texture folder to get the visable wings or will that mess up the outside view???

------------------

Viper18372
Member # 6383

posted 10-15-2000 08:56 PM     Profile for Viper18372   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The torpedo's work!!!???!!!???
Posts: 171 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
FoxK
Member # 81

posted 10-16-2000 12:47 AM     Profile for FoxK   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I downloaded all three...unzipped into Aircraft...i have the folders called Fly_xxxxx(whatever..each diffferent) but they don't show up as an option to fly when i pick my aircraft...am i doin something wrong?
Thanks

------------------
"We're not retreating. Hell, we're just attacking in a different direction!"
GEN. OLIVER P. SMITH, USMC

fastdraw
Member # 3546

posted 10-16-2000 06:45 AM     Profile for fastdraw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Airbuddha:
The Devastator, Avenger, and Dauntless, are the planes that came with the game you bought. The three you see for download are merely flyable versions of the non-flyable planes that you already have.

They don't have cockpits because Microsoft didn't put them in.

All of [b]my planes have panels and cockpits except for the B-25B, "Ruptured Duck".

Regards, Airbuddha[/B]

Hello Airbuddha,
I have also dl and tried the dauntless, is there anyway to get a working virtual ckpt by copying one of the other planes?
Thanks Charles

Posts: 10 | From: Ontario,Canada | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
JG53_Krieg!
Member # 7304

posted 10-16-2000 04:30 PM     Profile for JG53_Krieg!   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I also have a question. in the 2 seater bombers,, is there a way to separate the front gun from the back? I was on external view and noticed when I shoot, the rear gunner shoots too. In battle, the rear gunner just sat there , and watched a Zero shoot my tail apart
.Thanks

Krieg!

Jeeves
Member # 6875

posted 10-16-2000 08:34 PM     Profile for Jeeves   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Airbuddha!!! It is awesome to fly these planes...but to be fair-- can we do the same to the Vals and Kates? I'd like to try these out, but am clueless as to how to do it. Thanks!!!

------------------
Jeeves =FC=

Posts: 26 | From: Saratoga Springs, NY- USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ProzacPain
Member # 7328

posted 10-17-2000 04:47 PM     Profile for ProzacPain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I too unzipped the planes correctly to my aircraft directory but they do not show up to fly in the game.

I noticed when i use the mission builder they show up, but when i try to use them and fly the mission it gives me an error message something like "invalid aircraft configuration"

Posts: 68 | From: Jacksonville FL USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
JL
Member # 5533

posted 10-17-2000 06:57 PM     Profile for JL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ProzacPain,
Posts: 6 | From: LAVAL ,QUEBEC ,CANADA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
JL
Member # 5533

posted 10-17-2000 07:00 PM     Profile for JL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ProzacPain, Exact same problem . I get a message like "cannot initialize aircraft".Aircraft not visible as choice in anything but Mission Builder .
Posts: 6 | From: LAVAL ,QUEBEC ,CANADA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.