my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Quit Annoying the Wifey

Author Topic: Quit Annoying the Wifey
Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 10-14-2000 09:24 PM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Turn the "ground bumps" off by changing it from a "1" to a "0" in the Cfs2.cfg file. Open the file with notepad. You'll see it in the little window that opens. I also set "see propellor" to "0" but still got that one. It works just like the eaw ini file. No more busting my joystick taking off and landing.

------------------
The only thing FREE in this world is "LONG DISTANCE TELEPHONE CALLS" at dialpad.com HEHEHEHE

Posts: 1291 | From: Suttons Bay, MI, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 10-14-2000 10:17 PM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I reduced the FFB gain from 10000 to 5000 and its alot easier on the hand now. I also upped the pan gain from 400 to 800.

------------------
See-Decide-Attack-Reverse

[This message has been edited by Blond_Knight (edited 10-14-2000).]

Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 10-15-2000 09:39 AM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did those adjustments change the feel whilst in flight??? I suspect you'll be tweaking this file a bit more. Let me know what you come up with. That 3d propeller has to go.

------------------
The only thing FREE in this world is "LONG DISTANCE TELEPHONE CALLS" at dialpad.com HEHEHEHE

Posts: 1291 | From: Suttons Bay, MI, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 10-15-2000 11:46 AM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bigshot,I think the FFB gain has the effect of a volume control all the FFB effects are scaled accordingly to it. Your right though, while it makes the take-off/roll-out less annoying, it also reduces the in-flight feedback.

Actually Im more interested in getting the torp-bombers torp-dropping and as attractive inside as the fighters.

------------------
See-Decide-Attack-Reverse

Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.