my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Pacific theatre

Author Topic: Pacific theatre
digger1
Member # 2334

posted 10-14-2000 05:56 PM     Profile for digger1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whilst waiting for this game to be released in Australia , I am hoping already someone is working on an expansion pack that opens up the sim. to the broader Pacific war that enables us to fly British, Australian , NZ planes/ Squadrons such as Spitfires , boomerangs, Beaufighters etc. especially featuring the anti shipping role the beaufighter took on.

Posts: 14 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
BattleHamster
Member # 7247

posted 10-14-2000 06:11 PM     Profile for BattleHamster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's provisions in the game for British and German participants in the campaigns. For now, of course, only the American and Japanese options are activated. It seems as if Microsoft is anticipating an expansion pack for the European theater (BoB and bombing of Germany).

Seawolf
Member # 1787

posted 10-14-2000 06:30 PM     Profile for Seawolf   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One thing about CFS and FS is Microsoft's reliance on outside programmers creating add-ons. Trust me these missions,planes,etc will come and soon.
The add-ons are the biggest reason MS flight sims do so well. It works and they have not strayed yet. Good work CFS team. kudos

Posts: 1322 | From: Clearwater, Fl. USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Krusty the Brave
Member # 7252

posted 10-14-2000 11:40 PM     Profile for Krusty the Brave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I too am looking forward to flying RAAF aircraft. Battle of Bismark Sea, Milne Bay, Defence of Darwin are just a few off the top of my head...can't wait
Posts: 26 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
smg77
Member # 7269

posted 10-15-2000 12:21 AM     Profile for smg77   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Krusty the Brave:
I too am looking forward to flying RAAF aircraft. Battle of Bismark Sea, Milne Bay, Defence of Darwin are just a few off the top of my head...can't wait

Is there actually anything in Australia worth defending? I mean besides Foster's beer and the Crocodile Hunter what else is there?

Posts: 9 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pasha
Member # 3391

posted 10-15-2000 12:37 AM     Profile for Pasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I actually think they stuck all the CFS1 textures, and references in there, so it'd be easy to import what you have of CFS1 into CFS2... I am not going to fly an ETO plane for a looong, looong time though..

Pasha

Krusty the Brave
Member # 7252

posted 10-15-2000 04:27 AM     Profile for Krusty the Brave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey smg77!!
Yes there is!!!...Bundaberg Rum....mmmmmm so tasty...everything else the Japs can have...

)

Posts: 26 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Teapot
Member # 27

posted 10-15-2000 05:04 AM     Profile for Teapot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Errr Krusty, Bunderberg Rum is now owned by an NZ company. Sadly, it no longer is the Australian icon it once was :(.

Cheers
Teapot

P.S. I too would like to fly the Beaufighter. The warbird scene is quite active in Toowoomba and there's an old bloke living here who was a squadron commander flying Beaufighters (ex postmaster, but I can't remember the name). I'll have to hunt up some details.

------------------
...waiting for the holodeck...

Posts: 218 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, AUSTRALIA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
AGAS 5
Member # 7086

posted 10-15-2000 06:37 AM     Profile for AGAS 5   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shite! Bundy now Kiwi sheep dip....

I reckon anything with CUB after its name is probably worth defending.... and MAYBE even XXXX if it was a VERY hot day and IT was very cold

Cheers,

AGAS 5

Posts: 13 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
dauntless851
Member # 5136

posted 10-15-2000 08:43 AM     Profile for dauntless851   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Guys.
There is a beaufighter you can fly. Sorry I don't have any pics but I couldn't get anything to work with it (even alt-print screen). Oh well.

There's a FS2000 Beaufighter at www.flightsim.com. Do a search for it in the FS2000 files section.

It needs a new skin (it has D-Day), and the guns need to be moved to their correct places.
The panel shows up, but you need to unzip the gauge files that are in the Beau folder to the Gauges folder located in the CFS2 directory.

It's pretty cool.

Finally got some pics :

dauntless

[This message has been edited by dauntless851 (edited 10-15-2000).]

Posts: 33 | From: Providence,RI,USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.