my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » opening movie

Author Topic: opening movie
TurboMel
Member # 7267

posted 10-14-2000 05:08 PM     Profile for TurboMel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
can't get opening movie or transition scenes to play. otherwise seems to work fine. HP Athlon 850, NVidia Vanta. did the minimal install, does that cut out the opening movie and transition scenes?

ronjon
Member # 4193

posted 10-14-2000 05:23 PM     Profile for ronjon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey,
r u getting:

rundll32 caused and error in ivivideo.ax

i can run the game just fine grafix are fine no stuttering or anything just that the cut scenes and the opening movie wont play and i get this pop up showing the afforementioned error.

p3 733
cl ann geforce ddr
128mb rdram
windows me

if any one can help i'd sure appreciate it.

thanks,
rj

BattleHamster
Member # 7247

posted 10-14-2000 05:54 PM     Profile for BattleHamster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have an Athlon 700, Via KX133 m/b, GeForce256 DDR (32 MB), and I don't have problems with any of the movies. I think I did maybe a "Typical" or "Full" install - very fuzzy recollections of last night. I'm using the nVidia Det3 version 6.34 drivers, and the latest Via 4-in-1 drivers. I think I let CFS2 install the latest DirectX media drivers.

TurboMel
Member # 7267

posted 10-14-2000 07:10 PM     Profile for TurboMel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ronjon:
"hey,
r u getting:

rundll32 caused and error in ivivideo.ax

i can run the game just fine grafix are fine no stuttering or anything just that the cut scenes and the opening movie wont play and i get this pop up showing the afforementioned error.

p3 733
cl ann geforce ddr
128mb rdram
windows me

if any one can help i'd sure appreciate it."

Yeah,
That's exactly what I got! I tried to install the detonator 3 driver from the NVIDIA site, but I don't think it worked. Currently running version 4.12 or something like that.

thanks,

TurboMel
rj

[This message has been edited by TurboMel (edited 10-14-2000).]

ronjon
Member # 4193

posted 10-14-2000 08:32 PM     Profile for ronjon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FYI
i do have the latest drivers from nvidia. at least fairly recent ones any way. 6.xx for sure. i tried a reinstall of directx media option that is givin during the initial install for CFS 2 and it still didn't help. funny thing is that at one point i started a game and got the movies and everthing but when i went to grafix setting options i was unable to select hardware acceleration. it had reverted back to software and i could on select a colordepth of 16 bit. i rebooted the system and everything went back to normal. normal being no video but with the ability to activate hardawre acceleration. and so it goes. i can live with out the video but it would be nice as it moves the story along while playing in campaign mode. plus the fact that i payed for it.

owell,
rj

smoketrail
Member # 7329

posted 10-17-2000 03:30 PM     Profile for smoketrail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
bump
Posts: 2 | From: B.C., Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
pdstork1
Member # 7132

posted 10-17-2000 06:08 PM     Profile for pdstork1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got the same error, and also have a NVidea Geforce. Must be the vid card.

Posts: 6 | From: Austin, TX,USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
TurboMel
Member # 7267

posted 10-18-2000 01:18 AM     Profile for TurboMel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pdstork1:
I got the same error, and also have a NVidea Geforce. Must be the vid card.

actually, seems to be the direct draw and direct3d drivers. if you turn those off, the movies and cut scenes run, very slowly. guess we'll have to wait till NVIDIA or Microsoft come up with fixes (sigh)

Invidious
Member # 4751

posted 10-19-2000 10:05 AM     Profile for Invidious   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had the same error on my machine. If you look in the readme file they state that this sim sometimes has errors when the game and a certain type of DVD player is installed. I removed the player and got a new one, no problems. I forget the specific name of the player right now so take a look in the readme.

James

Posts: 2 | From: Brookfield,CT, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.