my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » light

Author Topic: light
Valkyrie
Member # 2026

posted 10-14-2000 02:10 PM     Profile for Valkyrie     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi,
I'm new to this WWII aircraft, and I was wondering
Do the lights work ? how to activate them ?
I found these features in the key assignment, but when I assigned them to a key, they do not work.
for example, landing light, strobe light, slew landing light, etc etc.
I know that on the manual, on imported aircrafts have some light feature.
and another thing, what is the failure command key for ? eg. hydraulic failure.
Should I buy the guide for this game ?
thanks

Posts: 145 | From: Madison, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Viggen
Member # 361

posted 10-14-2000 04:22 PM     Profile for Viggen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it's for imported aircraft only? I'm just going by the reference on page 274, under "Other aircraft commands" - the two lighting commands have "(toggle-imported FS aircraft only)"

Did you find a different reference for lights that doesn't mention this?

Cheers

Posts: 10 | From: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Valkyrie
Member # 2026

posted 10-14-2000 04:55 PM     Profile for Valkyrie     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If we go to the setting, we will find a whole bunch of keys/ command that is not even mentioned on the manual.
Posts: 145 | From: Madison, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Viggen
Member # 361

posted 10-14-2000 05:30 PM     Profile for Viggen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So I found out after reading another post about folding wings and sliding canopies. I guess a complete reference card was too much to ask for, sigh.

Cheers

PS - Otherwise, everything's looking good for this sim.

Posts: 10 | From: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Arclight
Member # 7244

posted 10-14-2000 05:31 PM     Profile for Arclight   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saw the CFS2 Guidebook today for $14 or 17.

Arc

Posts: 73 | From: A Small Cow & Oil Town Out West (An Old P-38 Base) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
BattleHamster
Member # 7247

posted 10-14-2000 05:48 PM     Profile for BattleHamster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valkyrie:
If we go to the setting, we will find a whole bunch of keys/ command that is not even mentioned on the manual.

yeah, no kidding. Imagine landing the Concord on the Lexington and pressing SHIFT+N to lower the droop nose/visor.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.