my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Ive got that sinking feeling...

Author Topic: Ive got that sinking feeling...
Mad Morg
Member # 1512

posted 10-14-2000 02:40 AM     Profile for Mad Morg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone ditch there plane in the water yet, or mabe I should say very, very gently bring the plane in on its belly at around 90 kts gear up? Well when you do its very cool your plane kinda bobs around a bit and slowly sinks takes about 15 seconds. My question is how the hell do you get outta the plane? so far Ive drowned everytime no matter what or where I am. Any ideas? Sure is a cool feature though.
P.S. Anyone have 256 megs of ram? How does the sim run. I have 128 and framerate is bitchin at about 35 to 60 constant, but I get some stuttering from time to time. Sure is a huge diff over FS2000!

ecoli
Member # 467

posted 10-14-2000 07:26 AM     Profile for ecoli   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haven't tried to ditch the plane in the water but it would be very life saving, I have tried on land and can not find a way to get out from a burning or almost 'going to blow up' airplane.

About fram rates, the issue with you is not with ram. Your bottle-neck (what is causing slowness/stutter) is most likelly your CPU and/or video card. Play around with the MS:CSF2 graphics options to see what improves your performance.

------------------
"america the free? who ever told you that is your enemy!"
-RATM

Posts: 278 | From: Osaka Japan | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
The Ghost of Silverswift
Member # 50

posted 10-14-2000 08:20 AM     Profile for The Ghost of Silverswift   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got 256 megs, 800mhz, GForce, and it rocks at maximum [email protected] 32, at least the single missions. Might tone it down if it starts to slow, though.
Posts: 211 | From: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Chivas
Member # 3370

posted 10-14-2000 10:33 AM     Profile for Chivas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had same problem, landed the plane successfully in the water, and watched it bob around and slowly sink. Then i found out I had drowned. I quess I was to stupid to get out of A/C. Next time I will try bail out and see if canopy slides back. Maybe I will float out, lol.
Posts: 46 | From: Ladysmith, B.C. Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.