my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » how is it?

Author Topic: how is it?
ELKAHOLIC
Member # 5523

posted 10-13-2000 08:08 PM     Profile for ELKAHOLIC   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How are people liking the game so far?

Mine was supposed to come today,but it didn't.ebworld.com kind of ticked me off.They told me I wouldn't get it untill monday and I payed for next-day delivery.The only thing the guy had to say about this was not to order anything on thursdays.

Posts: 110 | From: Montana | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
pops
Member # 129

posted 10-13-2000 08:21 PM     Profile for pops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
EB Cincinnati came through today. I am a poor fighter pilot, but have not had a real aviataion fix for quite awhile. I like it. I have had CFS from it's begining and I must say that this is a substantial step forward.

Nothing is perfect and one will be able to peck at CFSII. But it is putting a smile on my face and I want to explore more. So, I give it a couple of inexperienced thumbs up.

Best wishes to others that are interested in it.

Posts: 52 | From: Edgewood, Kentucky USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lucky
Member # 61

posted 10-13-2000 08:27 PM     Profile for Lucky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why do some people think by pre-ordering you get it faster. I called my local EB this afternoon and had them put a copy behind the counter for me and I picked it up tonight around 8:30PM after work. How long ago did you pre-order. What was the advantage? Did you save any money? How about shipping? Unless you live somewhere where it might get sold out immediately what's the big deal about ordering in advance.
Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 10-13-2000 08:33 PM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just landed my corsair on the carrier with the right landing gear gone. The hook caught the wire and it stopped quickly. The outside view looked just like the view I saw on the history channel. Gotta admit, MicroSoft did good with this one.

------------------
The only thing FREE in this world is "LONG DISTANCE TELEPHONE CALLS" at dialpad.com HEHEHEHE

Posts: 1291 | From: Suttons Bay, MI, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rsalo
Member # 1722

posted 10-13-2000 10:44 PM     Profile for rsalo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Airbudda was right, bailed from my Zero (real nice watched the canopy roll back!) I jumped hit O to open parachute, it didn't open! 4,000 ft free fall right into the drink, with pilot scream (kinda of chilling effect) Microsoft has got a winner!
SR
Member # 7183

posted 10-14-2000 05:26 AM     Profile for SR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lucky:
What was the advantage? Did you save any money? How about shipping? Unless you live somewhere where it might get sold out immediately what's the big deal about ordering in advance.

Well Lucky I can tell you why I did . For me the nearest store that would have it would be Best Buy here in Mi , and thats 40 miles one way . Plus the wife would have to come , that means dinner for her too then the time to go and come back plus $1.63 gas . Last trip cost me 15 dollars gas (She has the "nice" car and guess what ? It's always low on fuel !!! , 12 bucks for a Chinese meal (was good though) and about 3.5 hours of my time and the drive is boring for me now .

Yep plus the bastards at Best Buy here in Mi know it's hard to get so the price it much higher than on the web I paid 58 bucks with the tax for Crimson Skys , said to myself never again too .

Now I got it ordered from EBworld for 44.95 second day air . So here I wait till Monday I guess . hehe

So I think your right about preordering it , it's not faster by anymeans but maybe for some of us poor bastards its far cheaper in the long run

Hey take care , SR

Posts: 142 | From: Michigan , USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lucky
Member # 61

posted 10-14-2000 10:02 AM     Profile for Lucky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SR,

I feel your pain. I'm lucky enough to have A couple EB's, A Best Buy, CrapUSA, and now a Circuit City all within about 8 miles of me. I only buy software at EB though because of their return policy. Hope your wait won't be a long one.

MaxxG
Member # 3371

posted 10-14-2000 10:30 AM     Profile for MaxxG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got it two days ago at Staples/Business Depo. I live WAAAYYY up in Canada on the east coast (Nova Scotia). EB up here had it as well.

For once I didn't have to wait!

Posts: 144 | From: Dartmouth, NS, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
SR
Member # 7183

posted 10-14-2000 11:02 AM     Profile for SR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They have a return policy ? Thats way cool .

Here only way is to get another cd of the same game , and they say the crack is out already ? j/k

I don't think EBworld here in Mi yet , I never heard of it before this forum but was cheaper by 5 bucks than amazon.com so switched my order

hehe yeaaaaaaaaaa the paaaaaaaiiiiiinnnnnnn
Thats ok got some fs2000 downloads to fly last night , anyone try the 3xbeavers or the J3cub out ?? Very cool sounds , I really didn't know they did that good of work for free , man I am really impressed . Also got a 23 mb download of a Cessna but havn't tryed that one yet and who says you don't need a big hard drive , hehe .

cu SR

[This message has been edited by SR (edited 10-14-2000).]

Posts: 142 | From: Michigan , USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.