my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Target box?

Author Topic: Target box?
TS
Member # 7164

posted 10-13-2000 04:37 PM     Profile for TS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

To somebody who fly with the new CFS 2.
Is there an option to turn off the yellow
target brackets?

Posts: 53 | From: Germany | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
slugged
Member # 1255

posted 10-13-2000 04:39 PM     Profile for slugged   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and another thing can you turn off all the radio and messages like "N1K2 shot your rudder"?

That stuff is very distracting right at the top of the screen.

slugged

Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 10-13-2000 04:52 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know how to turn off the yellow brackets, but the "F" key turns off the text at the top of the screen.

Airbuddha
The Hangar

Posts: 430 | From: Slipper Gut, WV, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Kraut
Member # 513

posted 10-13-2000 05:06 PM     Profile for Kraut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Off topic a bit but I just want to commend you Herr Airbudda on that article of yours pertaining to CFS2. Well done. IMO, it is by far the best one yet. It shows a maturity that is above most scribes that consider themselves experten. I had just read a write up & wated to puke just over his style. Yours took away that nauseous feeling!
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

Posts: 754 | From: Kitchener Ont. Can. | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
TS
Member # 7164

posted 10-13-2000 05:48 PM     Profile for TS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I have send an e-mail today about these nicely help to find my target in the center of my monitor to the CFS2-Team
at MS and here is a little part from their
answer:

Thank you for helping us shape the future of Combat Flight Simulator!

Posts: 53 | From: Germany | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 10-13-2000 06:11 PM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Somebody please figure out how to shut those yellow brackets off. Also, could someone figure out how to shut that 3d propeller off??? It sucks!!! Everything else is way cooooollll. Especially the aircraft and objects and damage effects and flight model and etc. etc. etc. etc. You get the picture!!!

------------------
The only thing FREE in this world is "LONG DISTANCE TELEPHONE CALLS" at dialpad.com HEHEHEHE

Posts: 1291 | From: Suttons Bay, MI, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
slugged
Member # 1255

posted 10-13-2000 11:16 PM     Profile for slugged   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wouldn't the propeller just be a texture map? If so couldn't you make a new texture map that was say clear? Honestly I think the prop should look like the one in Janes WWII Fighters. It's funny that the prop looks so bad from the inside of the plane but it looks pretty good from the external view. What's up with that?

slugged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

İ COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.