my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Will this run decent on my system?

Author Topic: Will this run decent on my system?
loafer87gt
Member # 1036

posted 10-13-2000 03:36 PM     Profile for loafer87gt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was really revved up to go buy this game, and then after checking through the newsgroups I have seen a couple post saying that the game needs at least a 750 P3 with 256 megs of ram to be enjoyed. My system is only a p3 500 with GeForce DDR and 128 megs of ram. If I run the game with the detail turned down in 640x480, will I be able to get decent frame rates in it? What sort of systems are you guys running? Anyone tried it on a similar setup as mine?
DaBaTT
Member # 895

posted 10-13-2000 03:42 PM     Profile for DaBaTT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well Loafer

I have an AMD K6 450 with a V3 3500 and 128 megs of ram and I just installed it and played a few quick missions and started on the single missions and it runs really smooth! but watch out when there a lot of aircraft flying around no not cause of slow down reasons but for chances of crashing into other a\c.. This sim totally rocks I love it.. I love the sound of the f4u starting up..
And each plane does handle differently what a blast..

Posts: 186 | From: Naples, Fl, USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Sim Pilot
Member # 7235

posted 10-13-2000 03:55 PM     Profile for Sim Pilot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, on my ancient PII-400 it runs okay although sometimes the fps dips below 18-16. Hope to upgrade to a PIII-600 as soon as I can talk the little wife into it. How will that help my work again???
Posts: 1 | From: Covington, LA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 10-13-2000 05:08 PM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Im running it with no problem on my 266 96mb RAM and Voodoo2. At 8x6 with details in mid range FPS ranges from 10-35.

------------------
See-Decide-Attack-Reverse

Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 10-13-2000 06:15 PM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Runs fine on my PII 450 TNT1. Just can't turn the clouds on!!! Running at 1152x864x16 and it's preeeetttttttyyyyy. Everything turned to max. Just no antialaising and no T&L. Cause I don't think I'm equiped with em'. HEHE. If your putty will run CFS1. It'll run CFS2. Don't worry about it. Graphics are great!!!

------------------
The only thing FREE in this world is "LONG DISTANCE TELEPHONE CALLS" at dialpad.com HEHEHEHE

Posts: 1291 | From: Suttons Bay, MI, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rsalo
Member # 1722

posted 10-13-2000 10:48 PM     Profile for rsalo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
loafer87gt,
My system: PIII 550, 256mb sdram, Voodoo4 agp running at 1024x768x32, triliner filter on (will try T&L and FSAAx2 later) but all bell's and whistle's on and game run's smooth!

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.