my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » CFS2 and VIA Motherboard Compatability Problems?

Author Topic: CFS2 and VIA Motherboard Compatability Problems?
Hunedog
Member # 94

posted 10-13-2000 11:48 AM     Profile for Hunedog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well this is a 1st for me. Game will not load on 2 of 3 machines. The 2 in question are Gigabyte GA 6VX-4X VIA Apollo Pro Chipsets. The autorun does nothing and when I explore the CD and click on the CFS2exe I get an Exclamation Mark with no error info. For now seems to run on a BF-6 with a V3 2000 PCI. Any suggestions?
Posts: 516 | From: Vancouver BC Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Pasha
Member # 3391

posted 10-13-2000 12:37 PM     Profile for Pasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had to change CD drives, it said my writer was incompatible..

(shrugsters on the VIA problem...but BX rocks, huh?)

Pasha

Hunedog
Member # 94

posted 10-13-2000 12:44 PM     Profile for Hunedog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got the latest Bios and 4in 1 drivers, Swapped Cd Roms, I'm stumped. No friggin way I'm reloading winblows.
Hunedog
Member # 94

posted 10-13-2000 02:53 PM     Profile for Hunedog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I tried the disk cleanup as suggested by the FAQ at http://support.microsoft.com/support/games/fsim/faq/combat/default.asp Still a no-go!

[This message has been edited by Hunedog (edited 10-13-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Hunedog (edited 10-13-2000).]

Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 10-13-2000 03:16 PM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hune have you tried copying the entire contents of the TWO CD's to a folder on your desktop, and try to install from there? It worked for me with Freespace2.

------------------
See-Decide-Attack-Reverse

Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Hunedog
Member # 94

posted 10-13-2000 04:08 PM     Profile for Hunedog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BK! S! Yep Bin dere dun dat one too! Doh!
Headfake
Member # 7239

posted 10-13-2000 05:10 PM     Profile for Headfake   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Hunedog!!
Had the same problem, called Macrosoft, got a fix. Even if you have Win98, use the Win95
fix at the site you linked to above. It worked for me, hope it works for you.

P.S. After only 30 min. with it ..I'm in love.

TheKnife
Member # 7243

posted 10-13-2000 11:57 PM     Profile for TheKnife   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have an ASUS p3v4x mobo (VIA)
I had the same problem as you.
All it took for me was completely emptying my C:windows/temp folder and all was right with the world.

Seawolf
Member # 1787

posted 10-14-2000 08:38 AM     Profile for Seawolf   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Come on guys, I can't believe you switched out CD-ROMS! LMAO You have to use the 2nd CD to run the sim. Jeesh
Posts: 1322 | From: Clearwater, Fl. USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hunedog
Member # 94

posted 10-14-2000 12:15 PM     Profile for Hunedog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the Confindence Boost Seawolf. It was a legitimate Problem FYI. I used the Win 95 solution(deltree c:\windows\temp and bingo no probs.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.