my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Anyone Get A Confirmation from EB World, to ship?

Author Topic: Anyone Get A Confirmation from EB World, to ship?
Wired
Member # 3457

posted 10-12-2000 09:01 PM     Profile for Wired   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Please post when you received your shipping confirmation and when you will receive it and what US State or Country you live in.

It seems rather strange that at WWW.EB World.Com they say they are shipping CFS2, yet I have not received a shipping confirmation of my pre-ordered copy.

Looking forward to your post on this subject, thanks!

Over and Out
Wired

Posts: 47 | From: Quakertown, PA USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
bonzo
Member # 2124

posted 10-12-2000 09:13 PM     Profile for bonzo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well I went to EB after reading this an they did'nt have it so I'm hoping tommarrow
Posts: 97 | From: santa barbra calif | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
ELKAHOLIC
Member # 5523

posted 10-12-2000 09:30 PM     Profile for ELKAHOLIC   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I ordered mine this afternoon.I paid the extra $4 for overnight,but I haven't gotten an e-mail telling me it shipped.
Posts: 110 | From: Montana | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Ghost of Silverswift
Member # 50

posted 10-12-2000 10:29 PM     Profile for The Ghost of Silverswift   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
EBW online is really inconsistant when it comes to e-mail shipping comfirmation; sometimes it's sent the day it ships, sometimes it's sent the next after it ships. In this case, however, I'm confident that the preorders went out today, so we'll get an e-mail on 12/13/00
Posts: 211 | From: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Casey
Member # 873

posted 10-12-2000 10:55 PM     Profile for Casey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me too.

I was hoping to get that "we shipped your order" email today but I did not!

It would have been nice to get it Friday or Saturday- otherwise I'm gonna be terribly tired at work next week!

Posts: 636 | From: America | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
ramstein
Member # 5667

posted 10-12-2000 11:24 PM     Profile for ramstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I did not get my Email yet either, I ordered my CFS2 on 6/20/00 from www.ebworld.com.

I am in San Diego, Ca.

[This message has been edited by ramstein (edited 10-12-2000).]

Posts: 71 | From: San Diego | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
BGarcia
Member # 7227

posted 10-13-2000 08:19 AM     Profile for BGarcia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am in Texas and have not received my confirmation of shipping either. I pre ordered in September. I checked the EB site this morning and clicked on CFS2 and was greeted w/ this product is currently out of stock. I called EBWorld and they said my order is processing. I said what does that mean? The guy whose name is RJ said well your order is ready to ship we just don't have anymore in stock. Tell me RJ.....how is it ready to ship if you ain't got none. He said they should get more in pretty soon and for sure I'll get mine by the end of the month. You damn right I am RJ. My local EB will have it today. I tried to cancel my order and he said he couldn't once it became a pended transaction. Well my local EB will just have to take that one back. First time a pre order has let me down like this.
ramstein
Member # 5667

posted 10-13-2000 10:03 AM     Profile for ramstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The web site says ships in 24 hours, not sure where you read it is out of stock, anyway, still awaiting my email, it would be a real bich if they delay my order, but have it in their stores, just miles from my home, a real bich !!
BGarcia
Member # 7227

posted 10-13-2000 11:39 AM     Profile for BGarcia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My mistake....it said currently unavailable with possible updates to their system. Well no notification from EB whatsoever, numerous calls to EB with them saying it should go out today....an lo and behold I get out of the shower about 10am CST and my wife gives me a box from FedEx with a nonchalant "this came for you ".....and i'll be darn it was CFS2.....so if you haven't received confirmation hang in there. It will probably arrive in a few hours. By the way....it is great.
Slingshot
Member # 1572

posted 10-13-2000 11:56 AM     Profile for Slingshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ordering online with EB is like that, you won't get that "order shipped" message if you preorder a new game. If your place is not too far from civilization (mine can't be - can you spell NYC) you'll almost guaranteed to get your shipment the day the store stocks the game on the shelves. Granted that you have preorder the game long enough from the release date. Else there's a chance that the stock will be gone or your shipment will get delayed.

Anyway, I'll wait for Compusa or Best Buy to sell CFS2 in discount price, approximately $27-34. Then I will run to EB with their fliers to get competitive pricing. I'm not that crazy like any of your guys on any sim. Just avoid going to Csim forum too much and wait...

Posts: 94 | From: NYC | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bayfire
Member # 7188

posted 10-13-2000 11:57 AM     Profile for Bayfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got mine this AM at 01030 hrs at my door fed ex yahooooooooooooooooooooo
Posts: 30 | From: Marysville Wa USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Casey's job
Member # 2132

posted 10-13-2000 11:57 AM     Profile for Casey's job   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm going nuts!

No confirmation from EB World. I called my local EB and they say it's expected tomorrow.

I tried CompUSA and they didn't have it but said they expect it "today or tomorrow" and that their other stores in the area (hour drive) already have it!

NUTS!!

I may drive to the local store on my way home just to check. Pre-order or not, if it's there, I'll buy it.

I need it! Those who have seen it say it's amazing.

I have Corsair envy!

fritzdog
Member # 6884

posted 10-13-2000 11:59 AM     Profile for fritzdog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bgarcia-
You're lucky she gave it to you at all! She could have hid it in a closet and given it to you on Monday. After all aren't you supposed to entertain HER this weekend

------------------
Fritzdog
F/A-18 Resource Center
CFS2 Resource Center

Posts: 45 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ramstein
Member # 5667

posted 10-13-2000 12:24 PM     Profile for ramstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just recieved my copy delivered by FEDEX this morning !! off I go to play !!
(pre-ordered from EBWORLD.COM 6/20/00)

San Diego
-------

Wired
Member # 3457

posted 10-13-2000 12:47 PM     Profile for Wired   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi All,

I didn't receive a shipping confirmation yet, but it was in the mail when I got home from work. I have flown it for about two hours on free flight and it is a dream come true.

This sim has something for everyone. The producers of this Flight Simulation can be very proud of their achievements. This one is done right. Hardcore flight nuts like myself will have a blast for a long time to come.

See you in the not so friendly sky,

Over and Out
Wired

Posts: 47 | From: Quakertown, PA USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
ELKAHOLIC
Member # 5523

posted 10-13-2000 02:10 PM     Profile for ELKAHOLIC   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I called ebworld.com and they haven't even shipped mine yet.They said I probly wont get it untill monday.

Doesn't next day delivery mean you will get it the day after it ships?

Posts: 110 | From: Montana | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
BGarcia
Member # 7227

posted 10-13-2000 02:20 PM     Profile for BGarcia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fritzdog....you are right in many aspects but she had no idea what was in the box. I get stuff from work sent to me FedEx all the time.

Elkaholic......I had called EB this morning and they said it would probably ship out today.....I recvd it about an hour later. I am sure yours is on the way because EB is all jacked up when it comes to knowing where anything is.

Good Luck

Kwagmyre
Member # 3493

posted 10-13-2000 02:25 PM     Profile for Kwagmyre   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I called them to find out if mine shipped yet. They told me it hadn't shipped yet (around 12 EST). I got home from work for lunch to discover that Fed Ex had tried to deliver the package at 10 this morning. Shows how much they know. Needless to say I have picked up my copy already.

P.S. I still haven't gotten my e-mail confirmation yet.

[This message has been edited by Kwagmyre (edited 10-13-2000).]

Posts: 101 | From: Mt. Laurel, NJ, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.