my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Does the mission editor allow placing object?

Author Topic: Does the mission editor allow placing object?
GaryBB
Member # 5649

posted 10-12-2000 11:34 AM     Profile for GaryBB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...I read a review this morning (don't remember what weblink) & the reveiwer said he had already created his own Pearl Harbor "battleship row", including placing all kinds of objects. I also read that the editor is graphical, that you can drag and drop objects as well as (obviously) aircraft. Does anyone know if it includes areas such as Pearl Harbor??

The reviewer said there were odd objects in the database too...like Panzer tanks, etc.

I will be able to get the sim tomorrow, but I am very curious as to just what the editor will and won't do....in USAF, for example, you have a graphic interface where you can place any object exactly where you want...I'm hoping CFS2 has this....any feedback would be appreciated.

El Goofo

Posts: 30 | From: Palm Springs, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Barkhorn1x
Member # 5615

posted 10-12-2000 12:06 PM     Profile for Barkhorn1x   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It is very complete and very intuitive to use. It is also supported by a full Help file. And yea, you can place items pretty much wherever you want.

BTW, this editor was the same one used by the developers to construct the missions in the game.

You WILL NOT be disappointed.

Posts: 63 | From: Davie, FL, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Warspite
Member # 1455

posted 10-12-2000 11:05 PM     Profile for Warspite   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gary, was it my post above you were reading here: Want some good advice? GET THIS SIM!!!? I do mention how I created a Pearl Harbor scenario with Battleship row. Anyway about the editor it is like I have said...top notch. You can place all kinds of units in it such as ships, buildings, AA guns, tanks, cranes, docks, hangers, oil containers, etc. I could go on and on but there are so many of them. Not only can you place all of the CFS2 objects but also the ones in CFS1 as well so they have german and british units too. It includes a host of areas in the pacific including hawai, marianas, wake island, etc. So don't worry the editor can do everything and is the same one MS used to build the missions in the game.

-Warspite-

GaryBB
Member # 5649

posted 10-13-2000 10:56 AM     Profile for GaryBB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Warspite:

Thanks for the reply. From what I see on this morning's posts, this is one amazing sim! Nothing but raves....I will be getting the sim this afternoon. I am particularly interested in the Pearl Harbor scenery. I spent nearly 2 years making a documentary for Discovery on Pearl Harbor....that era fascinates me big time.

I'm hoping that Microsoft modeled all of Oahu...(can't see how they could do PH and not do the entire island) so I would like to know if they did include Oahu?

Other question...is the editor graphical in the sense that you can see what you are placing - like with the USAF editor where you drag and drop? Would appreciate a reply. Am really looking forward to this!

Gary

Posts: 30 | From: Palm Springs, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.