my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » No Propeller animation in 2D?

Author Topic: No Propeller animation in 2D?
Saimon
Member # 3317

posted 10-11-2000 04:40 AM     Profile for Saimon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi,

the screenshots let me assume that there is no propeller animation in the 2D Cockpit like it was in CFS1.

Is this true? I hope not...

SaimOn out

Posts: 100 | From: Krefeld, NRW, Germany | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Polar
Member # 3867

posted 10-11-2000 07:23 AM     Profile for Polar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

This is true. Why? I dont now.
Also, in 3D cocpit propeller animation looking bad.

Bayfire
Member # 7188

posted 10-11-2000 11:47 AM     Profile for Bayfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It is availible in the final product quit freaking out people u guys expect everything in games it takes time to get everything right.It will be there
Posts: 30 | From: Marysville Wa USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
d0gmA
Member # 921

posted 10-11-2000 12:47 PM     Profile for d0gmA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In 2D Cockpit you don't see the prop and it still looks spotted when in the virtual cockpit but with all the other stuff going on visually it will fade from your memory in no time. The game does really look great.

------------------
William Gall
SimFiles
http://www.simfiles.com

Posts: 24 | From: Stanton, MI, USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
KENNETH
Member # 5852

posted 10-11-2000 02:56 PM     Profile for KENNETH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WTF? Not to offend anyone, but you can't see prop rotation through the windscreen? IMO, bug/fault number one, and I havent flown it yet, unfortunatly. That's like flying my Su27 and seeing a R73 leave the wing and not leave a vapor trail. Looks like I'll be waiting....as if you wouldn't really see the prop turning from inside a real Hellcat. I'm really disappointed already. I bet the next thing I hear is that every round fired is a tracer..
All hope lost,
KF

Posts: 315 | From: Dayton, OH,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Swampthing
Member # 388

posted 10-11-2000 03:08 PM     Profile for Swampthing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OH MY GOD TAKE IT BACK NO PROP TO BE SEEN!!! This game SUCKS, they didn't make it so I could see a blurry prop. My god how could they release this garbage. Hell the engine smokes when I start it but how do I know it's running because I can't see the stupid prop blur. This is a travesty and I plan on filing a class action lawsuit over this disgrace to simming.

Jesus people get a grip. Can't see the bloody prop, oh no, the worlds gonna end.

Fishbed77
Member # 1035

posted 10-11-2000 05:42 PM     Profile for Fishbed77   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Obviously, none of you guys have ever flown in a small single-engine, prop-driven aircraft. The spinng prop is hardly visible, and then only if the sun is at such an angle that the light reflects of the blades, causing a shimmering effect. If your eyes are focused to the distance (as they usually are, especially if one were to be engaged in combat) you don't see the prop at all. This leads to a problem I've noticed with most sims- the prop is just too visible!
Wolverine
Member # 3469

posted 10-11-2000 06:08 PM     Profile for Wolverine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree these nitpickers are what drive these software companies to stop making flight sims! They get SOOO anal about this detail and that....GIMME a BREAK! Lighten up and enjoy the game!

Bayfire
Member # 7188

posted 10-11-2000 06:33 PM     Profile for Bayfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW PATHETIC SOME OF U PEOPLE ARE ABOUT THIS 2D PROP CRAP,THIS GAME WILL PROBABLY BE THEEEEEEEEEE BEST WW2 PROP SIM IN A LONG TIME IF U PEOPLE THINK U CAN DO BETTER FNNNNN DO IT.AS FOR ME WHO HAS A FREIND AT MICROSOFT I LOVE THIS GAME ALREADY.HALF THE CRAP U PEOPLE ARE SEEING IS THE BETA PRODUCT NOT THE FINAL RELEASED VERSION.iF U DON'T LIKE THE PROP THING DON'T BUY THE DAMN GAME.IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT,OTHERWISE STOP YOUR BITCHIN
VMF-124 Rat
Member # 4835

posted 10-11-2000 07:20 PM     Profile for VMF-124 Rat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Bayfire,
I preordered the game and never tried a ms flight sim before, so I don't have any expectations one way or the other. But flipping out when someone states an oppion and tell them not to participate in the thread is fairly uncool and I would think it would not make you many friends here. Calling people pathetic that you have had no contact with before, judging on your post count, I feel is a little immature.

I hope the game is good. But if its not I donít need to have you tell me I am a dumbass.

Posts: 26 | From: .... | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bayfire
Member # 7188

posted 10-12-2000 01:06 AM     Profile for Bayfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't recalling u a dumbass rat but if thats the way u would like to take it thats fine with me.I'm trying to make a statement about the people who always nit pick the small stuff in games.If u think i was talking to u then thats your problem not mine,try not to be so sensitive.
Saimon
Member # 3317

posted 10-12-2000 01:30 AM     Profile for Saimon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Fishbed77,

thanx for the short description on how it looks in a real plane, this makes it easier to live without a prop in front.
But what do you see when you throttle..?
Anyway, i think these attention to detail normaly turns a god game into a classic...

I like the way those props look in EAW.
Guess what? I will be buying it anyhow :-)

SaimOn

Posts: 100 | From: Krefeld, NRW, Germany | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
WOLF257
Member # 410

posted 10-12-2000 01:52 AM     Profile for WOLF257   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok Bayfire,you don't like the nit-picking of small details,fine,that sounds perfectly reasonable and I agree with you on that point.The game looks very nice and I'm glad to see that they did something about the cheezey virtual cockpit and smoke effects,but I'd like to nit-pick something that isn't a small detail.
Ask your buddy at Micro Soft why there is no coop in CFS2.Don't take that as a sarcastic question either because it isn't meant to be,I really would like to know.

------------------
You are what you do when it counts.

Posts: 281 | From: Alabama,USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
KENNETH
Member # 5852

posted 10-12-2000 08:00 AM     Profile for KENNETH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jeez. I wasn't trying to start a damn fight, I was simply commenting on an apparent detail overlloked. Yes, I've flown single engine aircraft before, like yesterday, and I can see the prop. But yeah, I am a dumba ass for even posting here. What a bunch of jerks.
Good to know this sim runs nicely on a mid-range system with alot of RAM.
However, I hope I can find another board to check out for CFS2, since this one is populated by obvious immature little nerds.
Again, too all the normal, relativly cool folks out there, sorry I offended anyone.
Too you dorks who can run their mouth in annonymity, I wish there was a way I could find you on the street.
Has smoke efeects? Very cool. I've always wanted that in a prop sim. Immersion was all I was concerned with.

Wolverine
Member # 3469

posted 10-12-2000 08:08 AM     Profile for Wolverine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ken...Wish u could find them on the street? Immature little dorks? Reread your post THEN tell us who is immature...

Bayfire
Member # 7188

posted 10-12-2000 01:19 PM     Profile for Bayfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wolf rest assured on the co op thing it will be worked out in a patch they wanted to get this game out in time for christmas,they are allready behind in this one.
Stinger
Member # 15

posted 10-12-2000 02:36 PM     Profile for Stinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The only time you can see the prop is if there is a colored band on it(yellow) in most cases and you will only see the band depending on the lighting.

What plane were you flying Kenneth?

If you think you should see it because you watched a TV program on Discovery, you can see the prop via the TV screen because it refreshes slower then your eyes and you get a sort of strobe effect.

If this is a reason to not support a sim then you shouldn't be in this hobby in the first place.

Posts: 356 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
KENNETH
Member # 5852

posted 10-12-2000 06:20 PM     Profile for KENNETH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It is a SkyLane (172)
It's got a red over white band.
Bite one.

Mshock44
Member # 6900

posted 10-12-2000 06:32 PM     Profile for Mshock44   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Girls, Girls, chill out. It's a freakin game and you're having a heated argument over a little circular blur in front of a little COCKpit on a little screen. Apparently, it's an important detail to some and less so for others. Bitch at microsoft if you want, but you won't change each others minds on this forum. Be civil.
SPOT
Member # 453

posted 10-12-2000 06:37 PM     Profile for SPOT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh NO! It's only a game - it's not REAL!

It goes back!

Stinger
Member # 15

posted 10-13-2000 01:26 PM     Profile for Stinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Bite one"?

Bite one what?

Posts: 356 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.