my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Comanche 4 and Windows XP

Author Topic: Comanche 4 and Windows XP
Dmitry Kan
Member # 9345

posted 11-16-2001 10:07 AM     Profile for Dmitry Kan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just bought Novalogic's "Comanche 4" and it won't run on WinXp machine (tried on two different ones). When I insert CD Autoplay window doesn't pop-up. I have to open CD folder and manually click on setup.exe. After install finishes any attempt to start game (tried all different compatibility modes also) is useless. Simply nothing happens. When I open task manager nothing is in there either. Demo though worked fine. I tried to install Comanche 4 on my daughter's PC (with WinME) and it worked fine. Anybody else with similar problem?
Posts: 2 | From: Brookline, MA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 11-16-2001 01:52 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dmitry,

Gosh, I'm still stuck at Win98.

I made a call to Novalogic on your behalf, relayed the info, and the senior IT person is going to look into it.

When I hear back from him, I'll post what I learn here in this thread.

--------------------

Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

Posts: 2792 | From: COMBATSIM.COM | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 11-16-2001 02:35 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dmitry,

Okay, got word back, and I guess it is an issue but not an insurmountable one.

I'm told you need to call their tech support folks at this number: 818-878-0325.

Please get back to us here with you results.

Hope this helps.

--------------------

Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

Posts: 2792 | From: COMBATSIM.COM | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
Dmitry Kan
Member # 9345

posted 11-28-2001 11:16 AM     Profile for Dmitry Kan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you for help. Novalogic's tech support was not much help but at the same time I messed up myself. Darn WindowsXP for some reason hid a lot of icons in my tray. I mean not like it's supposed to do (with little shevron that you can click on to unhide), but they disappeared completely. And I only checked "Applications" tab in task manager (the one you invoke by CTRL-ALT-DLT) and it was empty. Only when I later checked "Processes" tab I discovered all other hidden apps. Anyway, I had to close pretty much everything and it worked then. Strange since every other graphics intensive recent game (Castle Wolfenstein, IL-2, Aquanox, Max Payne, FS2002) ran without a hitch. Anyway, thanks to everybody for help.
Posts: 2 | From: Brookline, MA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.