my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » I know it's an old game now, but....

Author Topic: I know it's an old game now, but....
Bobo32
Member # 1366

posted 12-23-2000 10:52 PM     Profile for Bobo32   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
.....has anyone managed to get DI's Apache Longbow to run with the 3dfx patch on a Voodoo 3 ???
Posts: 155 | From: Southampton, Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
geishpmp
Member # 8657

posted 12-23-2000 11:04 PM     Profile for geishpmp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
have you tried some file sites. gamesdomain.com fileplanet.com
Posts: 23 | From: houston, tx | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Barron
Member # 325

posted 12-24-2000 07:51 AM     Profile for Barron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bobo32,

I think the 3dfx version of DI apache was only for V1 & V2. I have never heard of anyone getting it to run with V3/banshee chipsets. Also, you must have the Win95 version of Apache for the Voodoo patch, right??

I'm still running the DOS version as I have scoured the earth looking for Apache 95 but could not find it... not even in bundle package. Every time I go to EB, Walmart, etc., I hope to see it in the bargain bin.

Can anyone tell me how this ver. looks w/ voodoo??

Barron out

[This message has been edited by Barron (edited 12-24-2000).]

Posts: 392 | From: Greenville, North Carolina, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Hostile
Member # 915

posted 12-26-2000 01:38 PM     Profile for Hostile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The 3Dfx patches from DI for Apache and F-16 work only if you have an add-on V1 or V2 card. They won't work with combo 2D/3D card like Rush, Banshee, V3, V5. That's too bad because the patches really enhance the cloud and terrain of those games.

Barron,

Email me at [email protected] and we'll work something out about Win95 Apache.

Posts: 415 | From: Topeka Kansas USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.