my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Anyone still flying LB2?!?

Author Topic: Anyone still flying LB2?!?
Mower69
Member # 7209

posted 12-19-2000 12:27 AM     Profile for Mower69   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has LB2 died? Don't tell me misguided souls are PLAYING Gunshit!

------------------
The only flight sim ever made was and is FALCON4.

Posts: 22 | From: Toronto | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
JoBe
Member # 6806

posted 12-19-2000 11:41 AM     Profile for JoBe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still flying. And I think EECH is not beter than LB2, just different. But I have even GS2000 on my Harddisk... Now that was a cool piece of software :-)
Lonbow 2 is still the best Chopper-Sim in Multiplayer. Or can you fly EECH with Pilot and Gunner in one Chopper...

Bulldog60
Member # 5489

posted 12-19-2000 10:53 PM     Profile for Bulldog60   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still play LB2 and it rocks on my v5!!

Bulldog60 out

Posts: 64 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dondo
Member # 4176

posted 12-20-2000 08:27 AM     Profile for Dondo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yup, still flying it....well, crashing it anyway....

Dondo

------------------
"Impossible?....watch this..."

Avimimus
Member # 6336

posted 12-20-2000 09:34 AM     Profile for Avimimus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would be if I could find a copy

(mid your laguage)

Posts: 29 | From: Yaga Minor | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
2ltviper
Member # 5239

posted 12-22-2000 02:09 PM     Profile for 2ltviper   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm still flying it, when work allows me to do so. Actually, since I've moved to TX, I haven't been able to bring myself to play it. I've played it with Two-Six in England when I was at Ft. Rucker with a 56K connection, no problem!

------------------
"Hellfire Away!"

Posts: 73 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gecko
Member # 1436

posted 12-26-2000 09:12 AM     Profile for Gecko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just fired it up on my new GeForce 2 MX, with 4x4 FSAA:

It's interesting that I didn't see any percievable performance drop with FSAA, and it looks simply gorgeous!

-Gecko

Posts: 303 | From: Maribor, Slovenia | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Skybird
Member # 4668

posted 12-26-2000 03:04 PM     Profile for Skybird   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It'S like beeing in a maze, you know - all ways lead back to this same old place. No other chopper sim has THAT feeling of flying and playing hide-and seek like LB2. I even prefer it to others (but I also play EECH at times) although I have to live with those famous grey lines corrupting the smoke trails of missiles. Can'T get rid of it, but still prefer this sim - that's what I call durable equipment!
Posts: 208 | From: Münster, Germany | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gonzalo Nieva
Member # 4601

posted 12-26-2000 06:04 PM     Profile for Gonzalo Nieva   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skybird:
...although I have to live with those famous grey lines corrupting the smoke trails of missiles. Can'T get rid of it, ...

Did You try the solutions at www.simhq.com?. I think You only have to chage SMOKE=0 in the LB2 .ini file.

Posts: 917 | From: Huatusco, Ver. México. | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
JoBe
Member # 6806

posted 12-27-2000 03:50 AM     Profile for JoBe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
By the way, isn´t the real hellfire smokeless anyway? It was disapointing to me when I had to turn off the smoke in order to use D3D, cause this Glide-emulator does not work in Day-Missions. But the only difference is the no more visible crew in the outside view. But I fly from inside...

Skybird
Member # 4668

posted 12-28-2000 08:58 AM     Profile for Skybird   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you guys,

but I already knew that stuff, tried the glide wrapper - didn't work well for me -, and I refused to switch off the smoke - it's a spectaculum to see those trails ripping through the air, isn't it? Instead I configured my hotas, two quick klicks on the right button (changing cockpit perspective), matter of two tenth of a second: and the lines are gone. I can live with that solution very well.

DM
Member # 1845

posted 12-28-2000 12:30 PM     Profile for DM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny this thread should come up, I just installed it last night after a 18 month break. After playing Falcon 4 & B17 2 I had forgotten what it was like to really be in control of an aircraft.

Are there any add-ons, patches (apart from the official one) I should know about?

------------------
"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."

Posts: 307 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Skybird
Member # 4668

posted 12-29-2000 09:15 AM     Profile for Skybird   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unfortunately not, as far as I do know. There seems to be no explanation why nobody ever created new theatres or other mods like for EAW, F4 etc. Have a good flight towards 2001!

[This message has been edited by Skybird (edited 12-29-2000).]

Fodda
unregistered

posted 12-29-2000 04:58 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep...I came back to it after about 1 1/2 years. Runs GREAT on my dilapidated 200MMX (o/c'd to 250 via 83mhz) with Voodoo3! And I can turn on all detail as well...fantastic!

I miss my online helo chums, the mighty 404th! Great squad, those mates!

One more thing - when was the last time you saw a GREAT sim that needed *no* patches, that grew these kinda' "legs" after 2-3 years?

(I'm not counting the D3D/TNT card stuff)

Well...in my opinion, that'd HAVE to be - LB2!

Regards, all!
-Fodda'

IP: Logged
DM
Member # 1845

posted 12-29-2000 07:37 PM     Profile for DM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, been playing it for a couple of days now, I can't understand why I ever uninstalled it!

I really think this sim could be released today & apart from the 2D cockpit graphics get top scores.

& you're right about the robustness & stability of it right out of the box, as I'm redoing my Thrustmaster files I'm loading it up, testing, quitting & twaeking my joystick files, about 15 times on the trot now, not 1 crash. Those were the days...

------------------
"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."

Posts: 307 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.