my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Does any Helosim have this opportunity?

Author Topic: Does any Helosim have this opportunity?
Simracer
unregistered

posted 12-11-2000 11:48 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have been playing LB2 over LAN with a friend, but there is a for us VERY important thing which LB2 doesn't seem to have:

For us to fly on the same team (co-operative).

Two guys playing Deathmatch with helos is not our taste... and mission on different teams is more or less the same as sitting home alone playing.

I must be missing something here or is the most important thing in multiplayer not included?

Does this Comanche vs Houkum have this feature?

Regards

IP: Logged
yeppers
unregistered

posted 12-11-2000 02:57 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
dude, multiplayer co-op is very much a feature of LB2. I've argued with folks that LB2 has some of the best co-op features ever created.

I have LB2 myself, but i haven't played co-op on it yet. But I do remember playing LB2 co-op, in the dynamic campaign, with my cousin several years ago (when i bought the game but then got a refund on it due to horrible frame rates). My cousin had the opportunity to fly his own chopper or fly in mine.

Look deeper!

Simracer
unregistered

posted 12-11-2000 06:06 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi again

What I've done is to choose campain or single mission and chosen both of us as friendly (one has to be friendly), then on the task flip in the mission editor I find that we are placed on flight 1 and 2. But as you say maybe I should try to look deeper.

Ok going deeper...

cya

yeppers
unregistered

posted 12-12-2000 04:12 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
if you're friend is in flight 2, try clicking on his name. then a menu should show up showing a bunch of other pilots in your squadron (AI pilots). click one of them. Now your friend should be free and not listed on anything. Then click on your co-pilot slot.. and the menu should show .. then choose your friend's callsign. That's how i remember it working anyway
CEP}I{AHT
Member # 328

posted 12-12-2000 08:50 AM     Profile for CEP}I{AHT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simracer:
Does this Comanche vs Houkum have this feature?

Yes as long as you join one side you can:
- fly speparate missions for the same side;
- fly the same mission for selected side provide there are enough flyable choppers in group to accmodate you all
- not fly in the same single chopper.

------------------
IHS=RAF=
KaMiREDs
http://virtalet-RAF.fly.to

Posts: 151 | From: FSU | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Simracer
unregistered

posted 12-12-2000 03:53 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the tip, I finally got the co-operative to work. By the way I tested Comanche vs Hokum and just deleted it after 20min...Have to wait a year or to to get that slideshow to run smooth enough even on my P3 700/Geforce/128Meg machine.

Great graphics though :-)

cya

Stewie
Member # 5943

posted 12-13-2000 12:13 AM     Profile for Stewie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
By the way I tested Comanche vs Hokum and just deleted it after 20min...Have to wait a year or to to get that slideshow to run smooth enough even on my P3 700/Geforce/128Meg machine.

Hi Simracer
Your machine sounds fine to run EECH, i used to have a Celeron [email protected], 256ram, matrox 32 card and I had NO probs whatsoever with frame rate.
What people do is to load the graphics textures into memory by going to an outside view, panning around until the game stops 'slideshowing' then all should be well for the session.
Give it another go mate, it's worth it.

Posts: 39 | From: Carnforth, Lancashire, U.K. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Reaper
Member # 964

posted 12-13-2000 06:55 PM     Profile for Reaper     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Thanks for the tip, I finally got the co-operative to work. By the way I tested Comanche vs Hokum and just deleted it after 20min...Have to wait a year or to to get that slideshow to run smooth enough even on my P3 700/Geforce/128Meg machine.

Great graphics though :-)

cya

I've got a P3 450 with a TNT1, and this is the smothest running game I have on my hard drive.

Posts: 335 | From: US | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schurem
Member # 1345

posted 12-14-2000 02:20 AM     Profile for Schurem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah it's smooth, good looking, immersive, fun, even humorous
too bad it doesn't like my hotas :sad:

Posts: 200 | From: nijmegen, netherlands | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Simracer
unregistered

posted 12-14-2000 09:07 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi again guys

Maybe there is some difference between the demo and full game when it comes to the resources needed, but when I tried the demo I had a permanent swapfile 128MB big, but the game needed more (got a msgbox up) so I made windows make control it and when I started windows before starting the game it was 15MB and after running the game for 2 min it was grown to 300MB...ops.
But as you say the panning around will Obviously fill up the system, but I also have a a TNT1 machine and haven't tried it there yet. Maybe I should compare and do more research. I do use the same drivers (6.18), but on the Geforce I have the AGP setting in BIOS set to only 16MB and default is 64MB. The reason was that another game refused to run with a higher setting.

I tested Falcon 4.0 the other day on my machine and the framerate was superb with all graphics on...strange.

Anyway you guys who get this game running smooth on lower spec machines...I envy you :-)

cya

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.