my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Anyone playing LB2 with a V5?

Author Topic: Anyone playing LB2 with a V5?
DBond
Member # 37

posted 12-06-2000 06:25 PM     Profile for DBond   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just bought a Voodoo 5 and was wondering about Longbow 2. I haven't played it in 2 years. Everyone knows how it looks in D3D

But now that I can run Glide and FSAA, I was thinking LB2 is the perfect canidate for these features. Any opinions?

What do I need to run LB2 at 800 or 1024? Is it enabled by a patch? If so, which one to get? Any other hints for a new Voodoo user? Thanks.

Posts: 814 | From: Mays Landing, N.J.,USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bulldog60
Member # 5489

posted 12-07-2000 01:31 AM     Profile for Bulldog60   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DBond, I too just installed a VooDoo5 and tryed LB2 just today and it is great!! I think you need the patch and a d3d patch as well but don't remember, but try these sites and they should help. http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/combat_helo/cohokum/index.shtml http://www.longbow.co.uk/lb2/
Good Luck!!
Bulldog60 out

Posts: 64 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
DBond
Member # 37

posted 12-07-2000 03:52 PM     Profile for DBond   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks. I'll check out those links. If I remember correctly, there was a Longbow Gold patch that enabled the higher resolutions. Obviously I won't want that D3D patch

Hey Bulldog~ (pun intended ) what res are you running LB2 in? I'm assuming 640x480? And are you using FSAA? Thanks for the info.

------------------

DBond
Contributing Editor
Frugal's World of Simulations
http://www.frugalsworld.com

"Do not ask how strong the enemy is, but where he is to be found." Motto of the Russian Fighter Pilot

Bulldog60
Member # 5489

posted 12-07-2000 06:30 PM     Profile for Bulldog60   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DBond, I am running LB2 in 640x480 4xfsaa looks great and runs great.I think the LB gold patch was for the origional LB but I could be wrong.

Bulldog60 Out

DBond
Member # 37

posted 12-07-2000 06:50 PM     Profile for DBond   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From what I've learned, higher resolutions can only be obtained with those old hacked Wicked3D drivers? No thanks. Anyone know for sure? Still looks great at 640 4xFSAA though.
Bulldog60
Member # 5489

posted 12-08-2000 12:48 PM     Profile for Bulldog60   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DBond, I was running LB2 at 1024x768 with the hacked drivers and the sim was awsume but the cockpit was still 640x480, but with the V5 at4xfsaa it looks much better.

Bulldog60 out

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.