my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Di, Hind and Apache problems, anyone have these running on a newer system?

Author Topic: Di, Hind and Apache problems, anyone have these running on a newer system?
[email protected]=-
Member # 2456

posted 11-20-2000 10:50 AM     Profile for -=Sp@nky=-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Hi guys,

I bought a frontline fighters pack

It contains Apache, Hind and iF-16.

Welp I can install it and when i hit start it starts up and shows me the 3DFX splash screen and then crashes back to desktop. all 3 games do that.

I have a p2 333mhz, win98, an SBlive and a banshee and dx7a.

Anyone ever get these classics running latly?

Posts: 100 | From: canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Spawnbob
Member # 1277

posted 11-20-2000 11:54 AM     Profile for Spawnbob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yep i put Hind on a little while back on a 3dfx , p500 no problems that was in Windows 98.

i thin there Dos and Windows versions of at least hind. It might be a glide driver issue sorry dont know more

CEP}I{AHT
Member # 328

posted 11-21-2000 07:20 AM     Profile for CEP}I{AHT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Banshee might not be able to handle it
if it's not chipset of V1/V2 forget 3dfx.

------------------
IHS=RAF=
KaMiREDs
http://virtalet-RAF.fly.to

Posts: 151 | From: FSU | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Aladar
Member # 6278

posted 11-21-2000 10:01 AM     Profile for Aladar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bought the same pack a while back, I loved the games and they all ran great! I love hind especially.
AndyC
Member # 3677

posted 11-22-2000 04:07 AM     Profile for AndyC   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, I bought them a while back and cannot get any of them to work.

I have tried it on a V2 Banshee, sa TNT2 and the latest Geforce 2 with old and new drivers.

Its wierd but I think it is just one of those things that will never be really figured out. Shame really I love to play around in Hind.

Ho Hm...

Andy C

Posts: 64 | From: Austria | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.