my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Did u know.... (SAR2 related)

Author Topic: Did u know.... (SAR2 related)
RSColonel_131st
Member # 7607

posted 11-01-2000 05:17 PM     Profile for RSColonel_131st   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Guys, i wanted to share some knowledge I found out, and even need some confirmation apout some infos I got on this game...read on if u are interested in this sim.
First of all, the complete game music is in CD format. u can remove the CD after the loading check, and put your favorite music CD in right after the loadingscreen shows up. If the timing is good, the windows CD player will handle it, an u can listen to ur favorite music while flying (sound effects continue to work, and u can even set the volume of music in game with the provided switch in the options there). I suggest "The rock" soundtrack or other film music for that purpose ;-)

Second, a training tip: I found it pretty hard to get rid of hovering and working with the winsch...it always screwed up my mission score. To get practice, I started training missions (eg. the one with the lighthouse next to ur airport) and hovered about a small place (the tip of the lighthouse is perfect) and tried to hit it with the empty winsch rope. that will help u getting the skills u need for real missions.

and the last, and maybe most interesting: recently I read somewhere about 20+ missions in this game, without multiplayer it did not sound like many hours of fun. Today, I found out, that there is a random mission creator, which should give u a virtualy unlimited number of missions. So I stoped fearing that the fun would be all over in 2 weeks. If anybody could confim/decline this last point, it would realy safe my sleep( I'm not sure if I understood the english right, german native speaker here ;-)

Posts: 310 | From: Austria | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Boxman
Member # 213

posted 11-01-2000 05:46 PM     Profile for Boxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RSColonel_131st,

My understanding is that there is a mission creator. I know that there are 50 missions, according to the Interactive Vision web page. The mission creator is based on the current possible missions in the game, again if I understand correctly. Exactly how "in depth" or "detailed" the mission creator is, I am not sure as I do not have the game yet. However, tomorrow evening after I have loaded it up, I will post my findings with regard to the mission creator.

Boxman

Posts: 179 | From: Thousand Oaks, Ca. USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
RSColonel_131st
Member # 7607

posted 11-01-2000 05:54 PM     Profile for RSColonel_131st   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thnxs boxman, put I can tell u for sure, there is no MC in the game (I already have it). There must be a other way how Missions are handled. I will be away from my PC now for a while (going to US tomorrow, hehe,hope to see the real CG Helo at the Jacksonville Airshow ;-), I'm looking forward that some of the nice guys here will have a answer for my question afterwards. Have a nice flight

Körnel

----------------------------
Only the sky is our limit

Posts: 310 | From: Austria | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
semmern
Member # 3986

posted 11-02-2000 01:30 AM     Profile for semmern   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I do think the campaign is only the single missions in a different order. I've done 34 of the 50 missions, and after those 50 are finished, I think the game starts making its own missions.
Posts: 61 | From: Oslo, Norway | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
GrahamD
Member # 2889

posted 11-02-2000 03:14 AM     Profile for GrahamD   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't forget that the 50 missions each have time of day and weather settings. It will take me more than a few evenings to be able to fly all 50 in a hurricane at night.
Posts: 40 | From: Loughton, Essex, UK | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
semmern
Member # 3986

posted 11-02-2000 09:07 AM     Profile for semmern   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah. The only thing SAR 2 lacks is waves.
Posts: 61 | From: Oslo, Norway | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
arrow
Member # 321

posted 11-03-2000 09:01 AM     Profile for arrow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For what I understood, there are "canned" mission types (ie rescue at sea, rescue at land, deliver at hospital, etc.) but those mission types are inserted in a "dynamic" environment.
So, for example, you can have a rescue in the mountain at night and then the same type of rescue in the forest at dusk and during a storm.
In this way mission are always different, but with similar objectives.
If I understood correctly, of course...

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.