my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Air Conditioning

Author Topic: Air Conditioning
the_conquerer_cgi
Member # 7046

posted 10-07-2000 11:10 AM     Profile for the_conquerer_cgi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...I mean, I just can't see them roasting in a Cobra or Longbow without AC... do they have any sort of air system? I figure they might have a heater. I sure wouldn't want to fight in some hot stuffy thing...
Posts: 299 | From: Ft. Myers, Fl, US | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mark64
unregistered

posted 10-07-2000 04:51 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's straightforward on the AH-64D, you just dial in the temp you want on the colour displays and the system does the rest. It draws cool air from the ECS and blends it with warm bleed air from the engines to make the desired temperature.
IP: Logged
the_conquerer_cgi
Member # 7046

posted 10-08-2000 07:54 AM     Profile for the_conquerer_cgi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome... now I want one REALY bad... of course I don't have that kind of money.
Posts: 299 | From: Ft. Myers, Fl, US | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
semmern
Member # 3986

posted 10-09-2000 11:35 AM     Profile for semmern   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And it was this pilot who thought it got so cold inside his chopper that he just turned off the fan...........
Posts: 61 | From: Oslo, Norway | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.