my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » SAR 2: anyone having it ?

Author Topic: SAR 2: anyone having it ?
arrow
Member # 321

posted 10-06-2000 04:31 AM     Profile for arrow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just bought it and I find it as a nice surprise, since it`s really addicting.
Anyone other with the same impressions ?

GrahamD
Member # 2889

posted 10-09-2000 02:54 AM     Profile for GrahamD   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I also like SAR2. Just getting hold of handling the Dolphin is very satisfying. For anyone into combat helicopter sims, I would say its worth getting SAR2 just for flight training. But why is it that landing on the hospital roof seems ten times as difficult when your "victim" is about to die?
Posts: 40 | From: Loughton, Essex, UK | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
semmern
Member # 3986

posted 10-09-2000 11:34 AM     Profile for semmern   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I've got it too, and find it very addicting, fun and challenging. Kudos to Denmark and InterActive Vision. Trouble is it doesn't reckon my 3dFX card, so I'm running it in D3D. Should be a patch soon, though.

------------------
Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the Skies on laughter-silvered wings.
Sunwards I've climbed into the tumbling mirth
-Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things

John Gillespie Magee jr, 1941

Posts: 61 | From: Oslo, Norway | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stuntie
Member # 2941

posted 10-24-2000 01:33 PM     Profile for Stuntie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SAR 2 is great fun - but why do I always feel like picking the people of the boat and then dunking them in the sea....
Posts: 70 | From: Bradford | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Boxman
Member # 213

posted 10-24-2000 11:56 PM     Profile for Boxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi all,

Where in the world did you guys buy it? I have looked everywhere and no-one has it or has even heard of it. EB, Comp-USA etc...none of them have a clue. I even e-mailed the distributor & they never mailed me back. :-( I am dieing to get this. I am kind of bored rescueing the yahoo that fell off his boat in the demo. Tell me please where you guys got it. Thanks.

Boxman

Posts: 179 | From: Thousand Oaks, Ca. USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
h.arrier
Member # 4678

posted 10-26-2000 02:03 PM     Profile for h.arrier   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hehe..that will be us eurosoftware tarts..not out in the states yet? pity,
it is kind of addictive although it does chug a bit on a p3 6oo with 128mb ram!

Posts: 238 | From: Cottesmore,UK | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Norup
Member # 7576

posted 10-27-2000 01:44 AM     Profile for Norup   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, it does appear to be available in the U.S. now also:
http://www.gamestop.com/searchresults.jsp?searchbox=search+and+rescue+2&foundin=title

Posts: 4 | From: Copenhagen, Denmark | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
arrow
Member # 321

posted 10-27-2000 07:36 AM     Profile for arrow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it doesn`t seem to get a lot of attention, and I`m sorry since I think it could deserve at least some success within the simmers community.
I searched for fan sites but cannot find a single one, and also the official site is not so up to date...
I`m still in the campaign and I`m still enjoying it: only thing I hate is that some of those poor victims are really blind...they cannot see the chest untill it`s over their heads.
But besides this really little gripe, I`m really enjoying it a lot

RSColonel_131st
Member # 7607

posted 10-28-2000 01:02 PM     Profile for RSColonel_131st   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi there! I was thinking of getting it too...but there are 2 Questions open:
first), can u compare the flight model with actual combatsims? has it a 3d cokpit u can use to get a better feeling for steering for example when working something down under ur helo? I got Simcopter some years ago, it was nearly the same topic, but the flight model and outside views pissed me off.

second), will it run at a PII 266 MHZ with a big 32MB 3D card? i run Janes F-18 in 800x600 with 15 fps, but wonder if my hardware is good enough for a nice graphic in SAR. Thanxs for all answer

The Körnel

Posts: 310 | From: Austria | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
h.arrier
Member # 4678

posted 10-29-2000 02:19 PM     Profile for h.arrier   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kornel,
I couldn't tell you if sar2 will run on your machine. The virtual cockpit is very sparse and chuggs around slowly, your co-pilot looks utterly 'pants'. For rescues, you can't beat the 'winch wait's' position (bit like a door gunner view) when your operating the winch. The flight model isnt very forgiving and you realy cant chuck the helo around too much...its no bo105! Also the frame rates could cause a few headaches, although this could be my ati misbehaving.

regards

Posts: 238 | From: Cottesmore,UK | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
RSColonel_131st
Member # 7607

posted 10-30-2000 11:50 AM     Profile for RSColonel_131st   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Harrier!
Thanxs for the info, and copy that... I got it today, and it looks very nice (did not fly any missions), but well done 3D ockpit wiht instruments and all that. The framerate is something strange...it looks like it is always chuchink around, no mater if i play 640 or 800. Might be my ATI (if u say there are some probs) or, looks oike the HD or ram makes this "lagging". But after all i found it a pretty nice game, much better than this simcopter thing. at least, it gives u a real feeling working at the winch or in the cokpit (just that the guy on ur left hand looks a little dumb ;-) Good game at all, combatsim is cool, without the good reviews here I would not have buyed it ;-)

bye all

Körnel

Posts: 310 | From: Austria | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Norup
Member # 7576

posted 10-31-2000 01:50 AM     Profile for Norup   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you are umhappy with your frame rate, try to take out the CD after the gane has loaded. The in-game CD music makes performance very poor on some systems, including mine.

Happy landings,
Anton

Posts: 4 | From: Copenhagen, Denmark | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
2ltviper
Member # 5239

posted 11-01-2000 10:15 AM     Profile for 2ltviper   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Which helicopters are in this game? I hope it has the Jayhawk. The way I see it, it probably isn't distributed in the US. A good way to test the flight model is to see if the helicopter cruises at least 60 kts or better from a 3 to 5 foot hover power. That's right, hover at 3 to 5 feet and push the cyclic forward and see if it gains altitiude once past ETL. It probably does, even Longbow 2 does this pretty well, although it has a flat cruise chart versus a curved one. Does nyone know if it will be released in the US? Who is the manufacturer?

------------------
"Hellfire Away!"

Posts: 73 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Boxman
Member # 213

posted 11-01-2000 10:57 AM     Profile for Boxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Viper,

I just ordered it yesterday evening from the link above, Gamestop.com, it is 19.99 I just checked a few minutes ago on my order status and it has shipped, so I will have it tomorrow. Big thanks to Norup for the link, as I have been un-able to find it in any store here in my area, southern California, and I mean I checked everywhere. Can't neat the price either, I got overnight delivery and the whole thing with tax came to $30, less than than the suggested retail price on the U.S. publishers web page.

Boxman

Boxman
Member # 213

posted 11-01-2000 11:06 AM     Profile for Boxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry, almost forgot, the U.S. company doing the distribution here, or the lack there-of, is called Global Star Software. I e-mailed them a couple times, the most recent was earlier this week, and they said that it has been released in the U.S. but they had no idea what store near me would have it.

And the helo in the sim is the HH-65A Dolphin. This is the only helo in the sim that you can fly. You should download the demo and try it out. Been flying the same old mission in the demo (1 of the 3 missions) for two weeks now & love it. Can't wait for the full game. Hope this helps.

Boxman

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.