my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Longbow 2 Virtual Cockpits

Author Topic: Longbow 2 Virtual Cockpits
Vangelic
Member # 6326

posted 10-03-2000 03:11 PM     Profile for Vangelic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anyone know if it's possible to reduce the vibration effect you get when you're in the virtual cockpit (F4) view in Longbow 2. I seem to recall reading on the Jane's site that it was done for the sack of "realism", but IMO it's a real pain when flying the Kiowa and Blackhawk (the Apache's not so bad because the helmet mounted thingy doesn't shake).
If not, I guess I'll just have to keep the Aspirin and sick bags handy...
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 35 | From: Birmingham, UK | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
2ltviper
Member # 5239

posted 10-03-2000 05:52 PM     Profile for 2ltviper   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No fix for it that I know. I never use it. Oh, by the way, the real thing doesn't shake like that at all. If mine did, I wouldn't even run the engine past idle, I would simply power down, turn in the keys, and go golfing for the day.

------------------
"Hellfire Away!"

Posts: 73 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ghostrider 16
Member # 6319

posted 10-04-2000 02:26 AM     Profile for Ghostrider 16   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahh this brings back fond memories of the ol' vibrex kits with the little reflective metal tabs that screwed onto the blade tips. Well not *too* fond, since I found the RADS kit (I don't even remember what the hell RADS stands for anymore ) so much more effective and simpler to use. Well that was a complete waste of everyone's time, now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

------------------
Darrell "Ghostrider" Swoap

Posts: 24 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.