my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Terrain flickers in EECH

Author Topic: Terrain flickers in EECH
bigpayton
Member # 6243

posted 09-05-2000 10:58 AM     Profile for bigpayton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just purchased EECH it appears to be a good sim. However, I have a problem with the terrain flickering. It really throughs off my depth perception. I tried updating my video drivers and adding the latest patches, but it didn't help. I am running a Pentium III, 533, with a 4 gig Intel video card and 64 megs memory. Anyone know how to fix this.
j7wild
Member # 6251

posted 09-05-2000 03:45 PM     Profile for j7wild   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Please be a bit more specific.

What do you mean by flickering?

Also, do you have Direct X 7.0 a on your PC?

------------------

Posts: 380 | From: houston, tx, usa | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
bigpayton
Member # 6243

posted 09-05-2000 04:25 PM     Profile for bigpayton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The ground patterns will turn blue for a couple of seconds and then turn back normal. Also white streaks point down out of the sky directly toward aircraft on the base and weird trapazoid shapes flash on the screen.
uhjt009
Member # 6625

posted 09-06-2000 05:24 AM     Profile for uhjt009   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are you using a video card with a geforce chip?

I have experienced this, but only in external view or demo mode, and only since having installed the newest nvidia drivers (6.18)- maybe it's a problem with these new drivers, because I didn't have this issue with the older 3.77 ones.

Marco C.

Posts: 11 | From: Surrey, U.K. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.