my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » LB2 D3D ???

Author Topic: LB2 D3D ???
Goofy1
unregistered

posted 08-26-2000 02:33 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello !

Is there anyway to play Longbow2 in D3D ?
- Looks strange in Glide + FSAA

IP: Logged
KaBoNG
Member # 6031

posted 08-26-2000 11:06 PM     Profile for KaBoNG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is a D3D patch on the Jane's site. Here is a link to the patch:

ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/janes/patches/longbow_2/lb2_ddu.exe

There is a warning that it has only been tested on a limited number of first generation 3D chipsets. Use at your own risk.

2x and 4xFSAA both run fine for me on my V5 5500. Only problem I have noticed is the snap views aren't working properly. May give the D3D patch a spin to see if that fixes it or not.

Goofy1
unregistered

posted 08-27-2000 02:13 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello!

Thanks for the link, thought Id report
the results...

D3D fixes the duplication of the backup instruments in the lower right.

However when firing hellfires I get strange lines radiating from the hellfire towards the target.

FSAA x 2 works

FSAA x 4 eliminates parts of the cockpit

Summary Ill stick to glide

Thanks anyway

IP: Logged
Kamechan
Member # 6407

posted 08-27-2000 04:35 PM     Profile for Kamechan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Goofy 1,

I was going to ask the same question as you. I'll try the patch because on a different system... you never know. It's such a shame not to be able to have good graphics on such a great sim with a modern PC.

I have a GeForce and heard recently that there's some kind of Glide 'sleeve' or somthing available for it. Anyone know anything about that? Might work with LB2.

Posts: 11 | From: Osaka, Japan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
INSPECTOR
Member # 291

posted 08-27-2000 09:27 PM     Profile for INSPECTOR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hi,
voodoo only man here, but maybe flexman's infos can help out
http://www.longbow.co.uk/lb2/faq.html

the directx faq mentions ge force cards and a glide wrapper

Posts: 109 | From: omaha, ne | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Kamechan
Member # 6407

posted 08-28-2000 08:39 AM     Profile for Kamechan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Inspector,

Thanks a lot for the good info! It all looks very shady but it's worth a try.

Kamechan.

Kamechan
Member # 6407

posted 08-29-2000 03:29 PM     Profile for Kamechan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haven't been able to get the wrapper to work, - I just get a message saying it can't find my 3DFX card (I have an Nvidia Geforce).

The D3D patch didn't work out either, - I got horrible lines from Hellfires too.

Luckily I have an operational 300MHz machine with a Voodoo 2 card in it so I'll just have to go back to using that.

Regards,

Kamechan.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.