my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Anyone played SAR 2 yet?

Author Topic: Anyone played SAR 2 yet?
Ojokoltsa
Member # 3286

posted 08-25-2000 05:14 AM     Profile for Ojokoltsa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How is it?

------------------
Ojokoltsa

www.specforce.net/coldwar/

Rodzilla
Member # 1694

posted 08-25-2000 08:01 AM     Profile for Rodzilla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i like it so far,but it's a bit schizoid,the flight model is fantastic[on the "realistic" setting it seems brutally realistic],the helo 3d model is excellent.the rest of the graphics are not exactly state of the art tho they do get the job done well enough.it's a bit strange really,in some respects it really is an excellent sim, in others it seems almost like something knocked out to make a quick buck off the mass market,and yet just when i start thinking that way i find myself hovering 10 ft over the water looking at the rotor wash on the surface and getting ready to drop the rescue swimmer or use the hoist and i think "man! this is just brilliant!".it's a challange to fly for sure,but i'm not sure it should be called a "sim" it's more of a really good game that just happens to have a really good helo sim at it's core.the two things i know for sure is,it's different,and it's really fun so far.
Ojokoltsa
Member # 3286

posted 08-25-2000 06:06 PM     Profile for Ojokoltsa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, thanks a lot!!! That helped!!!

------------------
Ojokoltsa

www.specforce.net/coldwar/

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.