my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » EECH formations (dumb-ass wingmen)

Author Topic: EECH formations (dumb-ass wingmen)
Wulfrick
Member # 4764

posted 08-24-2000 01:58 PM     Profile for Wulfrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why is it that my wingmen are so f&%^%(*ng good at smashing into me whilst changing formation or just changing direction?

I was playing last night and I decided that as we were entering a narrow valley to fgo into trail formation. What happened? BANG, my meaninglessly **** wingman smashed his Hokum into mine, causing me to eject moments before my burning and hopelessly out of control bird plowed into the desert floor. Stupid ass!

It seems to me that although the wingmen are very efficient at combat they are abysmally bad at formation flying and using their loody EYES when translating in proximity to other friendlies.

Also, they do not seem to be able to cope with me pedal turning. One example- I was hovering after killing a Chararral and a Vulcan, and dedcided to pedal turn onto my new waypoint heading. So did. What happened next? You guessed it, my f*&(&ing wingman stupidly plows straight into me again.

So, has this been fixed in any of the patches or experimental patches? At the moment I'm using the default disk version.

I really love the game (modern equivalent of TAW for me, and that's aserious compliment), but I hate flying with wingmen because neraly every time they kill me by in flight collisions!

Cheers, Wulf.

------------------
Make sure the enemy is willing to die for his country. Then you both have the same aim in mind!

Posts: 399 | From: York, England | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
j7wild
Member # 6251

posted 08-24-2000 02:11 PM     Profile for j7wild   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I use the column formation so I don't have to worry until they get into battle position.

------------------

Posts: 380 | From: houston, tx, usa | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Spawnbob
Member # 1277

posted 08-24-2000 03:07 PM     Profile for Spawnbob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you will be glad to know that the Xpatches did deal with this and while it not impossible for your wingies to crash into u now, it less frequent.

Basically they did 2 things , changed the default Formation to one less likely to cause it and Secondaly spaced some formations out.

When i first got the game i lost a lot of helos to 2 close wingman but i have had it happened about 1 in 1 month now.

Wulfrick
Member # 4764

posted 08-24-2000 10:46 PM     Profile for Wulfrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Roger that! Thanks for the info! As I said, my wingmen are awsome at all combat tasks, but arn't too god at formation flying. I think that the small size of the orriginal formations is at fault. Good to hear that this has been corrected!

One other question, do I need an earlier patch to use the latest experimental one?

Cheers, Wulf.

------------------
Make sure the enemy is willing to die for his country. Then you both have the same aim in mind!

Posts: 399 | From: York, England | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
j7wild
Member # 6251

posted 08-24-2000 11:03 PM     Profile for j7wild   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You will need V1.4.1.C if you are not ALREADY running it.

When you start the game, the version number will be displayed on the bottom right corner of the screen.

You can find both patches at:
http://www.razorworks.com/enemyengaged/index.html

Install V1.4.1.C before you install V1.4.5.X

------------------

Posts: 380 | From: houston, tx, usa | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.