my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » EECH - problem getting Apache Havoc helos

Author Topic: EECH - problem getting Apache Havoc helos
Brian Smith
Member # 1176

posted 08-20-2000 10:53 PM     Profile for Brian Smith   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can’t seem to access the Apache/Havoc aircraft in EECH. I installed Apache/Havoc and patched it to the latest patch, ran it to unpack the maps, then installed and patched EECH.

When EECH starts, the splash screen shows ‘Apache Havoc installed’, but I can’t seem to select the Apache or Havoc in free flight, skirmishes or campaigns.

Am I doing something wrong? At present I am only learning to fly, so mostly free flight – I haven’t actually started a campaign yet, or played through any skirmishes. My system is a PIII 500, 128M ram, Voodoo3 3000, Turtle Beach Montego 2 soundcard, DX7.0a.

As an aside, Apache Havoc was troublesome – with it installed I could change and save options and run the Demo, but after selecting anything else in the combat menu (such as free flight in any theatre) the game seemed to hang at the introduction screen. The back arrow was highlighted and the mouse arrow was shown (ie there was no ‘waiting’ icon), but nothing seemed to happen. I waited a good two or three minutes but no sign the game was going to start. Have I got a dud install of Apache Havoc, or is it something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 122 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
troop
Member # 6402

posted 08-25-2000 09:37 AM     Profile for troop     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Brian,

In FreeFlight Mode you can only choose
the Comanche or Hokum. (EECH)

Only in campain mode, you will have access
to the Apache or Havocs.
Depending, on which side you start the campain, you will see either the Comanche (Blue side) or the Hokum (Red side) to
_begin_ the campain; the models of Apache and Havoc are NOT displayed here.

Once you start into the campain, some missions will be generated (try Recon or CAP
first) and you have to select one. When you hit the 'Gunship - Autoselect' Button, you will be presented the Gunship, that has been choosen by the campains engine for this particular mission. You cannot change the selected gunship for this mission. So, if an comanche flight is assigned to an mission, you cannot fly an Apache instead (same for red side; if Hokum is assigned, you cannot choose to fly a Havoc)
You have to select an mission, where the campain engine has assigned an Apache (or Havoc) to the mission; then you will have those gunships avaiable.

troop

Posts: 13 | From: ,/,/DE | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.