my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » CAN'T GET AUTO-ALTITUDE TO WORK

Author Topic: CAN'T GET AUTO-ALTITUDE TO WORK
dargento
unregistered

posted 08-07-2000 10:01 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can someone help - when I try to use Alt-H for auto-altitue, my helo for some reason does not keep to the same altitude, but suddenly will lose altutte until it crashes to the ground. Am I missing something here?

JT

IP: Logged
Bligh
Member # 4577

posted 08-07-2000 12:05 PM     Profile for Bligh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The first question one would ask is: what sim are you working with? I am guessing that it is EECH. If so, here are some thoughts and suggestions:

1. There are two different but similar adjustments in EECH: hover hold and altitude hold. The former helps when hiding from the bad guys behind buildings, trees, river embankments, etc.
The latter is supposed to hold a constant altitude above the ground. In EECH it is poorly implemented, IMHO, and only works reasonably across very flat ground.

2. I would suggest that you not use altitude hold at all since the aircraft has a bad habit of starting to "porpoise" which leads to flying into fixed objects. Learn to fly without this feature and you will be much more successful.

3. Personally I usually turn on auto-pilot at the start of a mission and then turn my attention to the "AWACS" view of the conflict and start managing other assests. I then watch the progress of "my misson" then take back control close to the target area.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 13 | From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
dargento
unregistered

posted 08-08-2000 09:41 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bligh,
Thanks for your help. Pardon me, but what is "IMHO" in your note? Also, is KA52 better than EECH in this respect of auto-atitude?

IP: Logged
Shockwave
Member # 6069

posted 08-14-2000 01:15 PM     Profile for Shockwave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"IMHO" is In My Honest Opinion...

Posts: 33 | From: Jackson, NJ, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jont
Member # 4238

posted 08-14-2000 05:48 PM     Profile for Jont     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
golly!

I'd always assumed IMHO was 'In my humble opinion'.

You learn something new every day.

jont

Posts: 83 | From: Maidenhead, England | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.