my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Enemy Engaged-Best Out There?

Author Topic: Enemy Engaged-Best Out There?
Todd
unregistered

posted 08-01-2000 01:43 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been playing EECH for about a week now and I have to say it is awesome. After the disapointment with Gunsh*t I was about to give up on helo sims. I can just sit back for hours and watch the war going on in EECH. Runs decently on my low end machine (Celeron 466, 128 megs RAM and V770 video). I read that EECH will offload some of the graphics stuff to the GEForce video card and dramatically improves performance. RW has taken great care in implementing the 3D modeling and to see the crewmen is just too much. You can even import your own faces to the 3D models. I was in a campaign and was viewing the action. I actually saw a vulcan equipped M-113 defending an airfield against a pair of Havocs. The gun turrent actually slewed towards the Havoc, the gun elevated and you could actually see the bullet stream hitting the havoc. This is but one example of the care put into this product.
IP: Logged
Maggot
unregistered

posted 08-03-2000 12:40 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What is the story with that?
My confused facts:
First you need to buy the original crummy Apache something. "$10m in a bargain rack" Yeah, like I'll go out looking for it (in this heat!)
Then, you have to buy the new one from England.
Then, if you don't already know how to fly helos your stuck- it doesn't have a tutorial.

Confused? Disabuse me! Thanks

Redneck
Member # 2856

posted 08-03-2000 03:36 PM     Profile for Redneck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NO NO NO You don't have to buy anything but EECH.

D/L the 5x patch and the missing sections of the booklet and go for it.

I don't know s--t from shine-o-la about choppers myself but enjoying it any way.

Posts: 99 | From: Missouri | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
ice705
Member # 4800

posted 08-03-2000 04:15 PM     Profile for ice705   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No Maggot you buy apache whatever only if you want to fly apaches in EECH I think.I bought it before EECH came out, liked the flight models but the terrain graphics bit.
Posts: 131 | From: waltham,ma usa | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Todd
unregistered

posted 08-03-2000 04:34 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maggot,

No you don't have to buy Apache-Havoc. You can play EECH as a standalone product. If however you already own AH or go out and buy it you can install EECH and have the option to fly 4 choppers (Apache, Havoc, Commanche and Hookum) instead of just the 2 if you have only EECH.

ice705
Member # 4800

posted 08-03-2000 10:27 PM     Profile for ice705   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got to go get me another copy. If I knew
that I would have kept mine.whatabonehead.

Posts: 131 | From: waltham,ma usa | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Todd
unregistered

posted 08-04-2000 09:48 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ice,

I did the same stupid thing. I gave my copy of A-H to someone. Wish I didn't as the version out now has no printed manual. The quality of EECH is so high, I don't mind shelling out $10.00 for A-H, just to show my support. I waiting for some code hacker to start editing. I wouldn't mind taking a Cobra for a spin, or a Jolly Green for that matter.

Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 08-05-2000 08:39 PM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had seven days on vacation to decide what my next game purchase would be. After reviewing Abacus's "Tuskegee Fighters" for Sim-Arena, I thought I might get another Abacus product, of Id looked at Freespace2. Guess what I walked out of EB with?...you got it EECH. I had played the demo, and thought it was nice, but the demo doesnt do it justice. This is a very well done sim...and Im not into flying helo's!

------------------
See-Decide-Attack-Reverse

Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.