my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Apache/Havoc waypoints and hover?

Author Topic: Apache/Havoc waypoints and hover?
holbrop
Member # 5101

posted 06-20-2000 09:48 PM     Profile for holbrop   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I apologize for so many posts ... alas, so many questions.

I just got Apapche Havoc reasonably setup for my machine and HOTAS and I'm left with a couple questions on the Havoc (I don't play the Apache)...

I installed the patch from RW but my Hover/Hold still only maintains station, not altitude. Isn't this one of the things fixed in the patch?

I still can't change my HUD display back to Nav mode after selecting weapons. I thought I was following the instructions in the book but it still ain't happenin'. What is the correct sequence of events to move from Ground or Air Radar back to the Navigational HUD?

And finally ... I don't see waypoints in the Havoc display. It seems waypoint info isn't there at all so I've been eyeballin' the map to get an azimuth to the briefed waypoint. Am I missing something?

Thanks Again!

Phil

Posts: 201 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Decca
Member # 2199

posted 06-20-2000 10:17 PM     Profile for Decca   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Try ctrl/backspace to get NAV mode back.
You should also see your waypoints again.

Spawnbob
Member # 1277

posted 06-20-2000 11:57 PM     Profile for Spawnbob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Havoc does'nt have waypoint information you will get a circle in the HUD that u fly to , by changing the wapoints (w) the circle will indicate the heading of that waypoint.
You will only get this in NAV mode with weapons selected you flying blind.

Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 06-21-2000 09:07 AM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In the Havoc, the waypoint is displayed regardless of the HUD mode by the horizontal situation indicator (HSI) which is an analoge instrument.

I grant you the HUD isn't the most detailed in the world.

Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SAM Bait
unregistered

posted 06-21-2000 09:58 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi,

As the others have said, Weapons Safe (Ctrl-Backspace) brings Nav and Waypoint info back on the HUD.

In the Havoc, your next selected waypoint will be represented by a circle on the HUD.

The hover hold you describe is regular hover hold. Use Shift-H to put the helicopter in stabilized hover hold (ie. maintaining altitude). Or better yet, if you have a programmable throttle or joystick, I'd map it to one of the buttons.

IP: Logged
holbrop
Member # 5101

posted 06-21-2000 11:52 AM     Profile for holbrop   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the info!

Flex ... about the HSI (I remember those from 30 hours in Cessna 152s and 172s, it's been a while), is it's use as a waypoint indicator referenced in the book? If not, how does it display the WP data?

Thanks again guys!

Phil

Posts: 201 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 06-21-2000 12:58 PM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The HSI is described in the manual along with a number of pictures (which really help).

There are datums around the edge which point towards the waypoint and one that indicates the heading to compensate for wind speed and direction.

Been a while since I used it.

Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.