my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » A/H graphics ... what the **** ?!?

Author Topic: A/H graphics ... what the **** ?!?
holbrop
Member # 5101

posted 06-18-2000 06:30 PM     Profile for holbrop   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just bought Apache/Havoc and I setup my box just like I do for KA-52 TA, 800 x 600 res, 256 colors, set my virtual memory at 128 min and 512 max. This setup on my P233 MMX with 64 MB RAM runs TA with medium detail pretty well ... and the graphics in TA are pretty awesome. However, with Apache/Havoc graphics options turned down till they look like a freakin' cartoon the game still stutters like crazy! Any ideas?

Phil

Posts: 201 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
holbrop
Member # 5101

posted 06-18-2000 06:33 PM     Profile for holbrop   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I forgot to mention I'm running a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI.

Phil

Posts: 201 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Spawnbob
Member # 1277

posted 06-18-2000 07:21 PM     Profile for Spawnbob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AH and CH due to the dynamic campaign which is running all the time are more processor dependant than GFX card.
First get EECH the gfx's improve over EEAH , try running some of the smaller campaigns, ( Taiwan is the biggest in AH ). Also have a large swap file and free space on your AH partition.

I only have a P500 , 3Dfx 1 and i find apart from cities i get a good frame rate that does not impair playability.

LIONPRIDE
Member # 3534

posted 06-18-2000 09:35 PM     Profile for LIONPRIDE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holbrop...I to ran A/H on my old 233mhz AMD system when it first came out. It stuttered a bit for me, but with a bit more memory, it should remedy the problem. I went to 80mb of ram before I had finally upgraded to a 500mhz machine. A/H ran well during those days.

------------------
A wise man once said..." To fly is heaven, to hover is divine"

Posts: 331 | From: United States of America | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.